Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar '15?

Nascar '15?

I'm not sure where to post this at so if this is in the wrong spot a forum mod please move.

Here recently I noticed newer games coming out with a Install Disc and the Game Disc itself. What is really the purpose of that? Like does it help the games run smoother and better if it's installed or is it just some content that couldn't be
    put onto 1 disc?

Also I was wondering if they do make another NASCAR game for the old 360's and PS3's also the XBOX 1 and PS4 would it be better if they considered doing a 2 disc game? I was thinking if that put all the tracks and everything which is needed for a race on the Install Disc and then cars and career mode and online play, possibly with NNS and CWTS in the Game Disc would that help the game load a bit more quickly and give EUT. more room to make the game better with the AI and racing in general?

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xGATOR383x
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy1212 View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this at so if this is in the wrong spot a forum mod please move.

Here recently I noticed newer games coming out with a Install Disc and the Game Disc itself. What is really the purpose of that? Like does it help the games run smoother and better if it's installed or is it just some content that couldn't be
    put onto 1 disc?

Also I was wondering if they do make another NASCAR game for the old 360's and PS3's also the XBOX 1 and PS4 would it be better if they considered doing a 2 disc game? I was thinking if that put all the tracks and everything which is needed for a race on the Install Disc and then cars and career mode and online play, possibly with NNS and CWTS in the Game Disc would that help the game load a bit more quickly and give EUT. more room to make the game better with the AI and racing in general?
    If its like what forza does then disc 2 is extra content but in reference to nascar i guess what they could do maybe is put Nationwide and trucks with schedules and all as part of a Disc 2 and then just have Disc 1 run the game itself with the Cup series.
    XBOX 360 NASCAR 14 LEAGUES: http://simunlimitedracing.forumotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by xOUTLAW83x View Post
    If its like what forza does then disc 2 is extra content but in reference to nascar i guess what they could do maybe is put Nationwide and trucks with schedules and all as part of a Disc 2 and then just have Disc 1 run the game itself with the Cup series.
    Right after they fix a few bugs left with the AI then they should do fine with NNS and CWTS AI, I just wasn't for sure how the 2 discs worked. I didn't know if it was for the game itself to help it run smoother and better or for extras.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xGATOR383x
    Right after they fix a few bugs left with the AI then they should do fine with NNS and CWTS AI, I just wasn't for sure how the 2 discs worked. I didn't know if it was for the game itself to help it run smoother and better or for extras.
    Forzas only one I've ever played that had 2 and thats all it was extra content cars and tracks and such, but id assume if nascar did that it might be possible to include NNS and CTS but not sure.
    XBOX 360 NASCAR 14 LEAGUES: http://simunlimitedracing.forumotion.com

There is absolutely NO need for 2 discs. Blue Ray discs hold far more info than any game could have on a console. EA had all the series on ONE disc, and that was on previous gen consoles that used regular discs.

Eutechnyx

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RedWingsRule14 PSN ID: AERL_RCN_24 XFIRE ID: redwingsrule14 Steam ID: redwings_etx
    Quote Originally Posted by 73duster View Post
    There is absolutely NO need for 2 discs. Blue Ray discs hold far more info than any game could have on a console. EA had all the series on ONE disc, and that was on previous gen consoles that used regular discs.
    Back then 4/5 different cars was about equal in resources to one nowadays.

put onto 1 disc?

no. the blue ray disk is designed to support more data than the old disc. and suppose to run smoother.

But for 360 users though, we wouldn't be able to play it if it's on Blu Ray. Because we are stuck with the DVD drives.

Quote Originally Posted by JTerk438 View Post
    But for 360 users though, we wouldn't be able to play it if it's on Blu Ray. Because we are stuck with the DVD drives.
    Again, it was accomplished on PREVIOUS gen consoles with the older discs. There simply isn't any NEED for 2 discs where adding Nationwide and Truck series are concerned. Seriously, when you break it down, the ONLY real difference with those series, and Sprint cup are the vehicles and a couple of tracks.
    I really don't care so much about the extra series, but for arguments sake, it's laughable to treat it as rocket science. It could be done without much fanfare. We already have several Nationwide cars and drivers in THIS game as it is.

Again, it was accomplished on PREVIOUS gen consoles with the older discs. There simply isn't any NEED for 2 discs where adding Nationwide and Truck series are concerned. Seriously, when you break it down, the ONLY real difference with those series, and Sprint cup are the vehicles and a couple of tracks.
    I really don't care so much about the extra series, but for arguments sake, it's laughable to treat it as rocket science. It could be done without much fanfare. We already have several Nationwide cars and drivers in THIS game as it is.
    I understand that EA did it before, if you really notice from NASCAR Thunder 2004 the best, the years after is when EA pretty much sucked the game together with 4 series, the rubberband effect was terrible the AI in '09 for PS2 the cars would flip because they were so terrible at wrecking.

I'm not insisting that they make it a 2 disc game. I just wouldn't mind seeing a more in depth career mode and a better online play as well. Maybe in career, I don't know just give it something more what we didn't have before as well as earning enough to buy a team and maybe have a 1-4 car team after so many years signing sponsors etc. I know it's something like that now with IL and '14 where you have your own team, but we didn't work to have the team which takes the fun out of it.

Yes Sprint cup is the most popular but if you don't have the money to make it to the big times then start out slow. If they do add a few other series maybe we should have an option to pick where we want to start since I know a lot of people wouldn't want to start from the bottom and work up. I would be fine with the top 3 in NASCAR starting from CWTS then to Sprint cup. I'm sure they could add all that one 1 disc but I was just saying.

^^I also want a much deeper career mode, as well as a competent AI. I'm just saying that the fact that we don't have more content, features and presentation has NOTHING to do with hardware OR disc space limitations.

^^I also want a much deeper career mode, as well as a competent AI. I'm just saying that the fact that we don't have more content, features and presentation has NOTHING to do with hardware OR disc space limitations.
    I agree 100%. including another disc wont add content and gameplay. The other series are not needed, even though they should have been included. it almost feels like lobbying for someone that cant even get one disc right!

Quote Originally Posted by ANYQUESTIONS View Post
    I agree 100%. including another disc wont add content and gameplay. The other series are not needed, even though they should have been included. it almost feels like lobbying for someone that cant even get one disc right!
    I don't see why the other series should be included. They aren't as popular and it'd just be the same crap with a different skin. How about we get the regular game right by maybe the 20th try

Quote Originally Posted by staticsnake View Post
    I don't see why the other series should be included. They aren't as popular and it'd just be the same crap with a different skin. How about we get the regular game right by maybe the 20th try
    nether is golf but I bet it includes all of golf and not just the part you think is golf.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gobulldog34
    Old 360's and old PS3's. REALLY?

The focus should be almost SOLELY on improving the AI at the moment. The AI is basically the CORE of a racing game, and if they don't improve THAT, it won't matter if they add Nationwide and Trucks. Nationwide and Trucks is really nothing more than skins anyway, UNLESS there is an entirely different presentation that comes along with it.
    There are a handful of tracks that provide very good LONG green flag racing, such as Vegas, Michigan, Fontana, Kansas, Chicago and Darlington. Unfortunately, most of the other tracks are the exact opposite. I have stopped running career mode, and have started to simply run single races at these tracks.
    They can't be let off the hook for their failures in 4 games running. The NEXT GEN game HAS to get it right off the bat, and if they need an extra year to do it, so be it. They have to go ALL IN next time, or go home. There isn't any room for more blundering, or one step at a time improvements.

The focus should be almost SOLELY on improving the AI at the moment. The AI is basically the CORE of a racing game, and if they don't improve THAT, it won't matter if they add Nationwide and Trucks. Nationwide and Trucks is really nothing more than skins anyway, UNLESS there is an entirely different presentation that comes along with it.
    There are a handful of tracks that provide very good LONG green flag racing, such as Vegas, Michigan, Fontana, Kansas, Chicago and Darlington. Unfortunately, most of the other tracks are the exact opposite. I have stopped running career mode, and have started to simply run single races at these tracks.
    They can't be let off the hook for their failures in 4 games running. The NEXT GEN game HAS to get it right off the bat, and if they need an extra year to do it, so be it. They have to go ALL IN next time, or go home. There isn't any room for more blundering, or one step at a time improvements.
    The next game won't be any better. They won't be "all in" or do an extremely satisfying job all of a sudden next time. If they couldn't do it yet why all of a sudden would the games not be garbage when first released. Even after some patches they're still only bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by 73duster:412851
    Agreed, i only run single races at the good AI tracks. Career mode is utterly useless haha i've lost all desire to run a career. There's no feature that draws me to it or makes me want to race. Race for the championship... That's it..then repeat over and over. The need more features, to the point where you should get dizzy from all the options.

I want to start a "career" as Joe Nobody working his way up the ranks, get into the Sprint Cup Series, get on a good team and race for the championship.

Tons of sports games have different leagues / divisions, NASCAR games shouldn't be any different

The next game won't be any better. They won't be "all in" or do an extremely satisfying job all of a sudden next time. If they couldn't do it yet why all of a sudden would the games not be garbage when first released. Even after some patches they're still only bearable.
    LOL. I totally AGREE with you, I was just pointing out what they NEED to do, not what they WILL do. I don't expect anything other than what they've shown up to this point. They have exhibited a pattern of producing substandard products. Yes, there are SOME things that seem to have "potential", but they never really materialize into something substantial.
    They have openly expressed their acceptance of taking small, "one step at a time" improvements, expecting people to keep purchasing their games as a form of a patch to the previous game. This is their business model, and is also what separates them from much better developers. In my opinion, Rockstar is one of the best game developers because they REFUSE to release games that don't meet their lofty expectations. If they need to postpone a game's release, they do it. In fact, they haven't released ANY game on time in the past DECADE. This makes people angry, but it also allows them to produce the best games ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinTires View Post
    Agreed, i only run single races at the good AI tracks. Career mode is utterly useless haha i've lost all desire to run a career. There's no feature that draws me to it or makes me want to race. Race for the championship... That's it..then repeat over and over. The need more features, to the point where you should get dizzy from all the options.

I want to start a "career" as Joe Nobody working his way up the ranks, get into the Sprint Cup Series, get on a good team and race for the championship.

Tons of sports games have different leagues / divisions, NASCAR games shouldn't be any different
    I totally agree with you on the career mode. When I think of an IN DEPTH career mode that is fully immersive, I think NBA2K. Youtube is LOADED with videos that are all about the career mode.

That's right. This game is missing driver attributes, so they are like robots on rails. I don't think there should be a next one. and if it was, I wouldn't get it. We had one of the worst times racing online that I have seen last night. we had a new glitch happen at Vegas last night where it froze under caution and would not resume. Usually somebody freezes or gets booted, it resumes and we get them back in the next one. but this was just horrible. There is just no way they can put another one out after this disappointment. I don't know how other games get their updates approved so quickly, but this NTG saga takes 3-6 months to get an approval.

Quote Originally Posted by ANYQUESTIONS View Post
    I don't know how other games get their updates approved so quickly, but this NTG saga takes 3-6 months to get an approval.
    What makes you think they even had a solid patch ready for approval? There's the time issue. They gotta spend a few months figuring out how to fix their own code. Tells you something about who they are and how good they are at what they do.

What makes you think they even had a solid patch ready for approval? There's the time issue. They gotta spend a few months figuring out how to fix their own code. Tells you something about who they are and how good they are at what they do.
    Cause its the same game as inside line, same blue ray disc, same freezing issues, same lock ups, same challenge issues, same tracks, same cars, same schedule... same God damn game. What I don't understand is why they put it out in this shape. Most of the people that I play with online told me its the initial update that is causing the main issues. when they uninstalled it and tried to play, it ran so much better. Its the same patch-fix as the one and only we got for inside line, shouldn't be too ******* hard to do.

I really enjoy Nascar 14! Yes it has a lot of lags, freezes etc... I really love the customization for your career cars and don't think I would change a single thing about it. I think that is the best thing Nascar 14 has got going for them. They really need to add some more things to the game! Truck Series, Nationwide Series and allow you to work your way to the top. I wouldn't mind seeing them do the whole Total Team Control thing again.

Instead of creating a team it would be nice to actually join one and possibly take over for another driver. I think the AI has improved from IL to 14 but still lags in terms of accidents and driver's styles of racing. You can race a whole 300 lap race and not have a single caution, really? It would be great if you could have allies and enemies, you're either liked or hated and how you drive on the track will determine how the other drivers react when you are near them like in Nascar TTC.

Minus the flaws Nascar 14 is probably one of my favorite games, just needs some improvements and if ever released on Next Gen, PLEASE do it right!

Quote Originally Posted by hendrickmotorsports View Post
    I really enjoy Nascar 14! Yes it has a lot of lags, freezes etc... I really love the customization for your career cars and don't think I would change a single thing about it. I think that is the best thing Nascar 14 has got going for them. They really need to add some more things to the game! Truck Series, Nationwide Series and allow you to work your way to the top. I wouldn't mind seeing them do the whole Total Team Control thing again.

Instead of creating a team it would be nice to actually join one and possibly take over for another driver. I think the AI has improved from IL to 14 but still lags in terms of accidents and driver's styles of racing. You can race a whole 300 lap race and not have a single caution, really? It would be great if you could have allies and enemies, you're either liked or hated and how you drive on the track will determine how the other drivers react when you are near them like in Nascar TTC.

Minus the flaws Nascar 14 is probably one of my favorite games, just needs some improvements and if ever released on Next Gen, PLEASE do it right!
    So, you start of with "I really enjoy Nascar 14'!", and then it's ALL downhill from there.
    Lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast