Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695

NASCAR to Circuit of the Americas for 2013

Well... The Grand-Am Rolex Series that is (though I guess there is always the possibility that NNS/Truck or K&N Series cars will end up there on that weekend too.

AUSTIN, Texas (Sept. 28, 2012) – Circuit of The Americas today announced that it will be one of the new locations joining the GRAND-AM Road Racing series in the coming year, with an event planned for March 2, 2013, at the new purpose-built Grand Prix venue in Central Texas.

Established in 1999, GRAND-AM Road Racing has a large U.S. fan base, with nearly 20 million adults following the series. GRAND-AM sanctions the Rolex Sports Car Series and the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, which deliver professional sports car racing to key markets throughout North America. Both series are televised in the United States and Canada on the SPEED™ network and distributed globally through ESPN International. GRAND-AM’s popularity with television audiences has been growing, and it’s enjoyed the highest percentage growth of any major motorsports series on television over the past five years.

GRAND-AM Road Racing showcases emerging and legendary drivers from around the globe and sophisticated racing machines from the industry's leading constructors and the world's top automobile manufacturers. The Rolex Series is also home to some of the best and most recognized names in motorsports, such as Scott Pruett, Max Angelelli, Alex Gurney, Jon Fogarty, David Donohue, Darren Law, Andy Lally and more.

“Circuit of The Americas is thrilled to be included in what has clearly become one of the top road-racing series in the world,” Circuit Executive Vice President Bruce Knox said. “GRAND-AM features some of motorsport’s most accomplished drivers and iconic U.S. racing venues, including Daytona, Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Watkins Glen. We are honored to be part of the series’ 2013 schedule, and we appreciate the efforts of the Austin Sports Commission in working with us to help secure this event for our city and venue.”

Ticket information for the March 2, 2013, event at Circuit of The Americas will be released in the coming weeks.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Prawblems

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L33T Pilot PSN ID: L33TPilot Steam ID: 1337Pilot
    NNS and Trucks...even if confirmed still rather B L A H.

'Circuit of Americas' and ''NASCAR'' aka the racing series of US doesn't even host own race there...if not for 2013 then I really hope they can do it in 2014.

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JGJrfan2488 Steam ID: CreepingDeath2488
    Goddamn you Fisha.

A nwide-truck doubleheader weekend in 2014 is something that'd be really interesting to try out for NASCAR.
    RIP Kasey Kahne

I like GOAT

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dogryan100 Steam ID: 76561198042856516
    I think that this track is receiving way to much attention for now. The track hasn't even had one single race yet, and I think at least 10 major series' are scheduled to race their this year or next year. For all we know, the track could be an absolute disaster. There has been way to much attention for this track when they haven't even had a race.

Prawblems

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dogryan100 View Post
    I think that this track is receiving way to much attention for now. The track hasn't even had one single race yet, and I think at least 10 major series' are scheduled to race their this year or next year. For all we know, the track could be an absolute disaster. There has been way to much attention for this track when they haven't even had a race.
    It's not for the fact that LOL this is gonna be best track ever, but it's for the fact that this is... 'American' racetrack of all America...and so on lol. So it would be very 'American' to get as many 'American' racing series on that track :P

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    So it would be very 'American' to get as many 'American' racing series on that track :P
    *cough* V8 Supercars, F1, FIA World Endurance Championship *cough*

jk. :P

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Booyaka91 Steam ID: booyakadragon
    Rolex or not, i'm super happy to see the track being expanded to other racing series.

Prawblems

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dogryan100 View Post
    *cough* V8 Supercars, F1, FIA World Endurance Championship *cough*

jk. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by BooyakatheDragon View Post
    Rolex or not, i'm super happy to see the track being expanded to other racing series.
    Lol, yeah the more series the better imo...just to get the track going.

Also, Cup racing here wouldn't be as exciting because the track is too wide, but anyways my point was to perhaps have F1 and NASCAR race host a week before or after so perhaps some F1 fans can stick and watch it too :P

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: go LeAfS7 Steam ID: kerry786
    Also, Cup racing here wouldn't be as exciting because the track is too wide, but anyways my point was to perhaps have F1 and NASCAR race host a week before or after so perhaps some F1 fans can stick and watch it too :P
    Screw that, they can have it on the same weekend and have practice at the same time

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NASCARFAN160 PSN ID: NASCARFAN160
    I was expecting the Cup.

Poo.

My Twitter
    McMurray • Kahne • Martin
    Go Pens!

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BMM248
    I like how, right now, the only series not on-board with a race at the track is a top-tier NASCAR series

They have everything else. Just not NASCAR. Seems kinda backwards, but, whatever! lol

Prawblems

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BMM248 View Post
    I like how, right now, the only series not on-board with a race at the track is a top-tier NASCAR series

They have everything else. Just not NASCAR. Seems kinda backwards, but, whatever! lol
    Don't think NASCAR big board really has interest in road courses...I mean if you have all the Jr fans up there then you won't see another road course race in a long time. :P

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wankyourduck69
    It's not for the fact that LOL this is gonna be best track ever, but it's for the fact that this is... 'American' racetrack of all America...and so on lol. So it would be very 'American' to get as many 'American' racing series on that track :P
    America F*CK Yeah
    driver of the # 41 Target/Valvoline toyota

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: flyer2359 Steam ID: flyer2359x
    (Deleted)

WHoops... wrong thread lol
    Flat Out Racing League (NR2003/ARCA Sim/rFactor): http://flatoutracingleague.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by flyer2359 View Post
    (Deleted)

WHoops... wrong thread lol
    You know you can delete your own posts right?
    RIP Kasey Kahne

I like GOAT

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iRogue Steam ID: BerserkerFang
    I'm pretty sure that the Circuit of the Americas was built specifically for F1 and Open Wheel cars, and with the layout, would be tough on heavy stock cars like Nascars are. I could be wrong there, though. This is cool, Grand Am Rolex going there though.
    youtube.com/xPrOjEkTxRoGuEx

For those wondering, I am NOT Rogue from SRD, sorry. Known as 'Rykia' on other sites.

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JGJrfan2488 Steam ID: CreepingDeath2488
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguey#5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Circuit of the Americas was built specifically for F1 and Open Wheel cars, and with the layout, would be tough on heavy stock cars like Nascars are. I could be wrong there, though. This is cool, Grand Am Rolex going there though.
    I don't think it would be too terribly difficult, even that turn 1 elevation rise. Sonoma has quite a few hills and dips and they handle it just fine.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Roguey#5 View Post
    If the elevation changes are your worry they are no worse then those of Road America. Most of the turns are big & flowing which will help a heavy stockcar.

Fan
    Del Valle, TX 2.5 miles from COTA outside Austin, TX
    Don't think NASCAR big board really has interest in road courses...I mean if you have all the Jr fans up there then you won't see another road course race in a long time. :P
    That doesn't thrill me, I LOVE ROAD COURSES and it goes back to the days of Trans Am racing when they raced T/A Challengers, AAR Cudas, Camaro Z28s, Cougars, etc.... mainly all American cars that could be bought at the dealer, whatever happened to those days?
    Nathan Perrine
    CCM Christian Car Modeler
    Prov 3:5-6

Fan
    Del Valle, TX 2.5 miles from COTA outside Austin, TX
    I have been praying that NASCAR would wake up and come to COTA, imagine if you were me and the track was right in your backyard (literally) wouldn't yoou want your favorite venue of NASCAR to come here too?
    Nathan Perrine
    CCM Christian Car Modeler
    Prov 3:5-6

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Ambrose has given Kurt Busch some advice ahead of tomorrow's car swap with V8 Supercar drivers James Courtney and Fabian Coulthard.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedcafe
    NASCAR star Kurt Busch has taken advice from Australia’s own Sprint Cup campaigner, Marcos Ambrose, ahead of his V8 Supercars laps at the Circuit of the Americas.Busch will drive the V8 Supercars Car of the Future prototype around the Texas venue tonight (Australian time) in order to promote the upcoming Austin 400.

V8 Supercars stars James Courtney and Fabian Coulthard, meanwhile, will steer one of Busch’s Furniture Row Racing Chevrolet SS NASCARs.

Busch was first contacted about testing the car just one week ago by countryman Boris Said, who is a former Paul Morris Motorsport endurance V8 Supercars co-driver.

The 34-year-old Busch says that Ambrose, who won two V8 Supercars titles before heading to the USA, was his first point of contact from there.

“The way you do it in the NASCAR garage is you call Marcos Ambrose,” Busch told SpeedTV of preparing for the test laps.

“And so I got his number right away and talked to him about it. As I’m talking to him, I’m pulling up information on the internet about the specs on the cars.

“They weigh 3,100 pounds (1400kg). The fun part will be driving from the right seat, shifting with my left arm.

“Even the (V8 Supercars) guy, (director of sanctioned business ) Adam (Firth), he’s joking around. He goes, ‘You know, the pedals are reversed, too?’

“And I’m sitting there scratching my head and I tell Marcos, ‘I think he’s messing with me.’ He goes, ‘Yeah, he must be a New Zealander.’”

Busch added that he also sought Ambrose’s advice on the task of helping Courtney and Coulthard adapt to the Sprint Cup vehicle.

“I asked Ambrose about that. ‘What’s going to be the first thing that’s foreign to them?,’ said Busch.

“And that is the very tall first gear — we only have four gears with our cars, as well as it’s an ‘H’ pattern.

“They know, ‘H’ patterns, but they’re going to really have to slip the clutch and it’s going to be tough for them to get the car going. Once it’s going, Ambrose said they’ll take care of it.”

Busch added that he expects the V8 Supercar to be faster around the Austin venue than his NASCAR, despite giving away some 200bhp.
    Source: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/04/23/...ercars-advice/

The car that Coulthard and Courtney will be driving arrived at COTA earlier today:

Last edited by dogryan100; 04-23-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Gamer IDs

Left-hand shifting won't be hard in the V8SC since it's just a flappy-stick, bump it forward & backwards to change gears, no having to try and do an H-pattern with the other hand.

EDIT: You also have to wonder "Why Kurt?"... I wonder if they wanted Kyle but Toyota blocked it so they went with Kurt instead.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fisha695 View Post
    EDIT: You also have to wonder "Why Kurt?"... I wonder if they wanted Kyle but Toyota blocked it so they went with Kurt instead.
    Not sure.....

Also, Chad Reed will be driving the V8 Supercar.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast