Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0

Mods for (Fanatec) Clubsport pedals??

I've had the Fanatec Clubsport pedals since they came out! I really liked them in Forza 3 & 4. But in NTG 2011, I couldn't get the full braking out of them. What I mean by not getting the full breaking is this. When you press the brake to the floor, you still have that little extra (from the load cell, about a 1/4 inch or so) that in forza would lock the brakes up. But in NTG 2011, it was what you need for like Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol, New Hamshire, Glen, Infineon, and all other tracks that require heavy braking.

So I decided to get out the Fanatec Standard pedals on NTG2011. It took me a little bit to get used to it, But I could break the way I needed to for all the tracks I mentioned above. The problem was this, sometimes I would lock up the brakes. The standard pedals as some of you may know, are only on a spring and no warning of the end of brake. So it's all by memory of foot travel.

So the clubsports are way better, just make for a sore leg after doing alot of racing in NTG2011 (to me they don't seem to be supported well enough in NTG2011). The standard pedals are easier and work good, but you can easily over brake yourself in NTG2011 and Forza 3 & 4.

So the overall question is, Will NTGIL 2012 allow these pedals to work to their full potential?
    OR
    Is there a mod to weaken the Damper on the Clubsport pedals so it's not so hard?
    Or
    I thought about getting some sim racing shoes to see if that helps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by barns View Post
    I've had the Fanatec Clubsport pedals since they came out! I really liked them in Forza 3 & 4. But in NTG 2011, I couldn't get the full braking out of them. What I mean by not getting the full breaking is this. When you press the brake to the floor, you still have that little extra (from the load cell, about a 1/4 inch or so) that in forza would lock the brakes up. But in NTG 2011, it was what you need for like Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol, New Hamshire, Glen, Infineon, and all other tracks that require heavy braking.

So I decided to get out the Fanatec Standard pedals on NTG2011. It took me a little bit to get used to it, But I could break the way I needed to for all the tracks I mentioned above. The problem was this, sometimes I would lock up the brakes. The standard pedals as some of you may know, are only on a spring and no warning of the end of brake. So it's all by memory of foot travel.

So the clubsports are way better, just make for a sore leg after doing alot of racing in NTG2011 (to me they don't seem to be supported well enough in NTG2011). The standard pedals are easier and work good, but you can easily over brake yourself in NTG2011 and Forza 3 & 4.

So the overall question is, Will NTGIL 2012 allow these pedals to work to their full potential?
    OR
    Is there a mod to weaken the Damper on the Clubsport pedals so it's not so hard?
    Or
    I thought about getting some sim racing shoes to see if that helps as well.
    I am pretty sure we have more that high med and low on brake sensitivity. maybe this will help a bunch
    "Yeah but I parked your team mate" HARVICK to HAMLIN

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rcrhappy29 View Post
    I am pretty sure we have more that high med and low on brake sensitivity. maybe this will help a bunch
    Didn't work in NTG 2011 on High!

I'm gonna go search you tub for something.

Edit = Go to 4:45 for pedals

I think I found my problem. The dial on mine is all the way to the left! (I thought it was to get rid of the vibration in the pedals) Turns out that in this video, that it has to do with the dampener.Earlier in this video it tells of the Shock setting on my wheel or vibration for pedals and wheel I assume. I'll check it out sometime this week, if I get any time to.

There is also a pedal kit for the clubsports. But not sure if that would even fix what i want fixed!
    Last edited by barns; 10-01-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Spotter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jarhead xSSGTx
    For Fanatec Clubsport pedals, if you turn the brake adjustment dial counterclockwise (left), it will increase the amount of force you need to apply to get maximum braking. If you turn the dial clockwise (right), it will decrease the amount of force needed for maximum braking.

The best way to test this is on the PC using the Fanatec properties page where you can see the brake force applied. Hold the brake down with one hand while you turn the dial with the other hand. If you don't have access to a PC for testing, you can also do this in Forza using the telemetry screen. Just go into testing session, turn on the telemetry screen, hold the brake pedal with one hand and turn the dial with the other.

I do recommend getting a pair of simracing shoes or other shoes with a thin rubber sole when using clubsport pedals. I used wear socks while racing and would get sore feet from pushing so hard on the brake pedal. I bought a pair of simracing shoes about 6 months ago and now I can race for hours without my feet getting sore.
    Staff Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, retired (1984-2004)

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle. Gen Pershing, US Army

Marine Corps Marksmanship -- You can run, but you will just die tired.

Where do you get these sim racing shoes? Could you post some outlets to buy them?
    ----------------------------------
    Wayne K.
    Veteran Racers League Est: 2009

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Troysloth View Post
    For Fanatec Clubsport pedals, if you turn the brake adjustment dial counterclockwise (left), it will increase the amount of force you need to apply to get maximum braking. If you turn the dial clockwise (right), it will decrease the amount of force needed for maximum braking.

The best way to test this is on the PC using the Fanatec properties page where you can see the brake force applied. Hold the brake down with one hand while you turn the dial with the other hand. If you don't have access to a PC for testing, you can also do this in Forza using the telemetry screen. Just go into testing session, turn on the telemetry screen, hold the brake pedal with one hand and turn the dial with the other.

I do recommend getting a pair of simracing shoes or other shoes with a thin rubber sole when using clubsport pedals. I used wear socks while racing and would get sore feet from pushing so hard on the brake pedal. I bought a pair of simracing shoes about 6 months ago and now I can race for hours without my feet getting sore.
    lol That's my problem! One would of thought that by turning it counter clockwise, it would loosen/decrease the pressure.

Now for the sim booties! I saw them talking about them on insidesimracing.tv one time. How much?

Spotter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jarhead xSSGTx
    Quote Originally Posted by barns View Post
    Now for the sim booties! I saw them talking about them on insidesimracing.tv one time. How much?
    Here are the ones I use: http://www.fasttracksims.com/sim-racing-shoes/

I think the price has gone up, I thought I only paid $45 for them. They really work great. I have heard of others saying they use thin soled moccasins and have good results with them.
    Staff Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, retired (1984-2004)

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle. Gen Pershing, US Army

Marine Corps Marksmanship -- You can run, but you will just die tired.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Troysloth View Post
    Here are the ones I use: http://www.fasttracksims.com/sim-racing-shoes/

I think the price has gone up, I thought I only paid $45 for them. They really work great. I have heard of others saying they use thin soled moccasins and have good results with them.
    54dollars... holy cow! lol Guess I know what to ask for, for christmas!

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: jeffsfan24
    thin soled moccasins right?

Jeff Gordon driver of the 24 Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet 700 Starts/300 Top-Fives
    Drivers: Jeff Gordon, Juan Pablo Montoya, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne, Brad Keselowski.
    Warlight.net is the best stragety game ever.
    JG 2013: 12th in Points -4 from 10th(After Darlington) 2 Top-Five; 3 Top-TenS
    NTG:IL Career Log: http://tinyurl.com/Career-Log

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsfan24 View Post
    thin soled moccasins right?
    10-4. or 2 pairs of socks!! lol