Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xpox SUCKS PSN ID: Pizentu_DeWind
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah all that crap like Are You Faster Than a Redneck is what goes away.

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/printview/

If you look at this schedule there's absolutely no racing and just car shows/reality shows on.
    I hardly ever watched Speed because just about every time I ever went through the guide all I would see is the Barret Jackson Auction. I like cars and stuff,. Even went to a live BJA event (Saw the lead singer from Alabama there). But sitting around watching hours upon hours of people buying expensive cars I could never sit in in real life is not my idea of entertainment. Sure there were some racing events but nothing ever seemed consistent. I prefer the idea of FS1 and FS2 or whatever else spawns from it. Im not a fan at all of Soccer, But if they can compete with ESPN and hopefully move away from the soap opera and political nonsense of ESPN, This could be a great move.

I dont care about who called who, a this or that. I dont care about some jock coming out of the closet. I dont care about hours of conversation that Tebow believes in God and should be banned from the US. I dont want Hours of talk on Tiger Woods cheating on his wife. I dont want hours upon hours of talk about how someone should be banished from the NFL for saying a word that 85% of the players in the NFL use every single day a hundred times a day. I just want sports talk, sports scores, and sporting events.

Show me games. Show me awesome plays, Show me the day in sports. Hype me up for the game of the day or a play off game or the Main Event. Give me an Hour long special devoted to a talented athlete. Just keep it all sports. No politics. No social issues. If someone wants to have all the other nonsense, there are tons of channels devoted to that.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nascarfan49 PSN ID: nascarfan49
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisha695 View Post
    Yes, though I have a feeling most of that will be on FS2.
    And the National Geo Channel
    I need something to put here
    Facebook Twitter DJ Facebook

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    Random update on carriage that I just stumbled upon.
    FPB Classic Cable customers now have access to the SPEED channel on channel 80. The SPEED channel is also available in HD on channel 580.

For customers who watch with a QAM tuner, you’ll need to re-scan your TV to view SPEED. But stay tuned because on August 20th, SPEED becomes FOX SPORTS 1 and moves to channel 35 (and HD on 535) when the a whole new lineup becomes effective.

There are multiple reasons for the reorganization of the lineup.

While FPB’s goal is to make it more viewer friendly, Cable Superintendent John Higginbotham says some of the changes are mandated by networks. “Networks have very specific language in their contracts of where certain channels must be placed in a lineup. One of the reasons we decided to make a move of this magnitude, was because SPEED Channel is changing to FOX Sports 1 and that channel must be carried in our Classic Cable tier.”
    FPB = Frankfort Plant Board and appears to be the local cable company for Frankfort Kentucky. Their "Classic Cable tier" is as best as I can tell equal to what I know with my local cable company as "Basic+" which is the 70 some channel 2nd lowest tier available (the one above the standard one that just gives you local ABC/CBS/NBC type channels).
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: donnyh83
    From the Speed Channel Wikipedia page.

Following the launch of Fox Sports 1, for those U.S. service providers without a new agreement, Speed is scheduled to carry a lineup of past Speed reality shows and repeated coverage of Barrett-Jackson car auctions, airing on a daily six-hour loop. No live event coverage or other original programming will air on this version of the channel.[13]

Sucks that Directv subs might miss the truck race from Michigan and possibly the rest of the truck series season, but nothing we can do about it.
    Last edited by donnyh83; 08-13-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
    RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011.
    Save Texas World Speedway.

Eww, non stop barrett jackson. I like sone barrett jackson but that sounds bad lol
    Jeff Gordon fan logic

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    It's like nobody ever had baby...but once Gordon started it with Ella...we get like ten babies a year now lol.

Driver
    some sigh of relief for some customers...

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...08/12/FS1.aspx

I'm the Voice of Reason, and the Voice of the Voiceless. All opinions are of personal views.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_bayne_wannabe View Post
    some sigh of relief for some customers...

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...08/12/FS1.aspx
    If no deal is done in time, FS1 will launch into less then half of the households FOX wanted, or currently have now with SPEED Tv, great way to launch a new network lol

Quote Originally Posted by donnyh83 View Post
    From the Speed Channel Wikipedia page.

Following the launch of Fox Sports 1, for those U.S. service providers without a new agreement, Speed is scheduled to carry a lineup of past Speed reality shows and repeated coverage of Barrett-Jackson car auctions, airing on a daily six-hour loop. No live event coverage or other original programming will air on this version of the channel.[13]

Sucks that Directv subs might miss the truck race from Michigan and possibly the rest of the truck series season, but nothing we can do about it.
    There will be no pointing watching SPEED if this happen's, they might as well just air infomercials 24/7

There is no way that they wont get the deal done before the end of the season, no way, FOX is not that stupid , greedy, yes, stupid, no.
    Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-14-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CharlieFibrosis
    I really think they should have executed this stupidity over the course of, oh I dunno, when the stinking racing season was over! I mean really, NOBODY watches SPEED during the winter cause nothing good is on. To make this happen RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER was a dumb move on FOX's part in inking this deal.
    Dan Wheldon: 1978-2011, Dick Trickle 1941-2013, Jason Leffler 1975-2013
    “To me, the real heroes are the people who do worthwhile things without the thought of monetary gain” – Benny Parsons
    “I realized I better enjoy and appreciate and contribute as much as I can today because all of this could be gone tomorrow.” – Davey Allison

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doggert_Dog Steam ID: Doogert_Doog
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Fibrosis View Post
    I really think they should have executed this stupidity over the course of, oh I dunno, when the stinking racing season was over! I mean really, NOBODY watches SPEED during the winter cause nothing good is on. To make this happen RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER was a dumb move on FOX's part in inking this deal.
    It makes no difference, the only shows gone are Speed Center and Wind Tunnel. Im pretty sure no one else cares about what SPEED puts on.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Louielouie3
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Fibrosis View Post
    Perhaps they wanted to get it started with the start Football season. Sad but its pretty much a fact in sports that Football rules American Sports coverage.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Louielouie3 View Post
    Perhaps they wanted to get it started with the start Football season. Sad but its pretty much a fact in sports that Football rules American Sports coverage.
    Pretty much it

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Dont know how much truth there is in this, but according to DirecTv's Twitter, they will be switching SPEED to FS1 on Saturday

https://twitter.com/carlfan_2013/sta...290562/photo/1

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mmartinfan View Post
    Dont know how much truth there is in this, but according to DirecTv's Twitter, they will be switching SPEED to FS1 on Saturday

https://twitter.com/carlfan_2013/sta...290562/photo/1
    I Tweeted my local cable company about it last week and they have yet to answer me, though when I ***** about how crappy their service is I get an answer right away haha. I don't see why we wouldn't get it as I've mentioned before my cable company seems to be really into sports channels since we've got like 10 of them out of 70 some channels haha. Though if I wake up on Saturday and flip on the TV and see Pinks I'm gonna flip-out on somebody l0l

Driver
    Gamer IDs

I Tweeted my local cable company about it last week and they have yet to answer me, though when I ***** about how crappy their service is I get an answer right away haha. I don't see why we wouldn't get it as I've mentioned before my cable company seems to be really into sports channels since we've got like 10 of them out of 70 some channels haha. Though if I wake up on Saturday and flip on the TV and see Pinks I'm gonna flip-out on somebody l0l
    Well, of course they didnt answer on that, I am going tweet DTV and ask them, but I have a feeling that if you are customer you might get a different answer then if you are not haha

And you know, I am going to be ragging right next with you, why, because one of the few Truck Series race's I want to watch is Bristol haha

‏@djjon926 54s @DIRECTV , so come Saturday morning, am I am going to have a rerun only SPEED, or I am going to be able to watch NASCAR coverage on FS1?
    Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-14-2013 at 08:04 AM.

I'm very scared, I get Bright House Networks (Time Warner). I CAN'T MISS MAH NASCAR!

Gamer IDs

Just got a reply on Twitter, my local cable company (Blue Ridge Communications incase any of you other users from this general area have it) will in fact be carrying FS1 in place of SPEED starting this Saturday.

EDIT: Just saw on Twitter also that Dish, DirecTV & Time Warner also now have deals with FS1.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Just got a reply on Twitter, my local cable company (Blue Ridge Communications incase any of you other users from this general area have it) will in fact be carrying FS1 in place of SPEED starting this Saturday.
    Edit- I removed what I typed first as it was irrelevant after I posted tweets lol

I know you Fisha seen this, but for everyone else

Pete Pistone ‏@PPistone 2m FoxSports 1 has a deal with DISH, DirecTV and Time Warner #NASCAR
    Retweeted by Fisha695

Jim Utter ‏@jim_utter 13m HEADS UP RT @Ourand_SBJ: TWC will carry FS1 when it launches Aug 17. Customers will also have access to FS2 when it rebrands on same day.

Jim Utter ‏@jim_utter 9m
    NEWS: Fox Sports 1 is a 'go' for all involved
    Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-15-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Little more on the deal
    Fox Sports 1 should launch with few hiccups Saturday as Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, DirecTV and Dish all have agreed to show the new network that will replace Speed.
    The SportsBusiness Journal reported Wednesday night DirecTV, Time Warner Cable and Bright House will carry the channel even if they have not finalized carriage agreements by Saturday. The Los Angeles Times reported that Dish will do the same.

Speed is in nearly 86 million homes, and Fox Sports 1–anchored by NASCAR, baseball, college sports and UFC –is expected to be in 90 million homes at its launch Saturday as it should be carried by all major cable operators and satellite operators.
    According to the SportsBusiness Journal, Speed costs about 23 cents each month per subscriber, and Fox was looking to increase that to 80 cents per month at launch.
    NASCAR programming will be some of the first programming the network is scheduled to deliver. Originating from Michigan International Speedway, Fox Sports 1 will air NASCAR Live at 8 a.m. Saturday followed by Sprint Cup Series practice at 8:30 a.m., Camping World Truck Series qualifying at 9:30 a.m., Cup practice at 11 a.m., the truck pre-race show at noon and the race at 12:30 p.m.
    On Sunday, NASCAR RaceDay is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Fox Sports 1 and then NASCAR Victory Lane is set for 7 p.m.
    MIS President Roger Curtis expressed confidence earlier Wednesday that agreements will be reached.
    “We know our friends from Fox are working very closely with the cable providers to make sure the new Fox Sports 1 is available to as many fans as possible,” Curtis said. “And we’re confident they’ll work out all the contracts.”
    Fox also is launching Fox Sports 2 this weekend in place of Fuel. Fox Sports 2 will have truck qualifying and modified race Wednesday from Bristol.
    The changes also have provided angst for fans in Canada, where Fox Sports 1 has not yet gotten approval. The Speed channel that remains on Canadian television providers will carry the Fox Sports 1 coverage from Michigan.

Gamer IDs

So my choices of song to accompany this were, 'Five - When The Lights Go Out', 'Journey - When The Lights Go Down In The City', or this and I went with this one because IDK it's just seems to fit the best with the downfall of SPEED and the changeover to FS1, "Not everything in this magical world is quite as it seems".

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Kind of sad seeing the SPEED sign being removed

Am I the only one that is some what looking forward to the 30 min version of Race Hub next week ?

Gamer IDs

Am I the only one that is some what looking forward to the 30 min version of Race Hub next week ?
    Honestly I haven't watched Race Hub in more then a year so meh.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Honestly I haven't watched Race Hub in more then a year so meh.
    I watch like maybe 10 minutes of it

Found this posted on SRD , unless you have a paid membership, you cant read the full write up, but the part you can, its sort of interesting , it has been reported that SPEED2.com is staying , but I am not sure if this is what its talking about
    https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...ed-future.aspx
    Speed is sticking around after all. Fox Sports plans to keep two versions of Speed up and running after Aug. 17, when the channel officially is rebranded to Fox Sports 1. One version has been described as “Speed Classic,&rdquo...

yes.

the one NASCAR show they air gets shortened, while every other show will probably be an hour long. It's them pulling an ESPN move -more football, basketball, college sports, Tiger Woods, and LeBron and then everything else gets the shaft. At least they did not move it to 1am when most people are asleep like ESPN did with NASCAR Now.
    #RIPDan77 Boston Strong

What channel will FS1 be for DirecTV subscribers? I checked, and I still don't get anything NASCAR related. The only Truck series action I'm gonna get is Bristol qualifying on FuelTV.
    Hendrick Motorsports - 219 NSCS wins!!!! 11-time Champions!!!!
    Drivers i've met: J. Mcmurray, M. Kenseth, J. Gordon, C. Edwards, K. Larson, C. Bowyer, Ku. Busch
    Crew Chiefs i've met: P. Wolfe, K. Francis
    Reporters i've met: B. Dillner, W. Venturini, R. Wood, K. Wallace

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doggert_Dog Steam ID: Doogert_Doog
    Quote Originally Posted by kk9fan97 View Post
    yes.

the one NASCAR show they air gets shortened, while every other show will probably be an hour long. It's them pulling an ESPN move -more football, basketball, college sports, Tiger Woods, and LeBron and then everything else gets the shaft. At least they did not move it to 1am when most people are asleep like ESPN did with NASCAR Now.
    They won't talk about the NBA much, they don't have the rights to nationally televise games, only local.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast