American Idol: 475
    Bonanza: 430
    Dallas: 357
    Survivor: 348
    Cheers: 273
    MASH: 251
    Friends: 236
    Seinfeld: 180
    I didn't know Wind Tunnel had that many episodes.

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BMM248
    Quote Originally Posted by mmartinfan View Post
    While I agree with you, I believe Fisha mentioned that Dave has been wanting to retire, and the other one, which is the big one, FS1 is not a motorsports channel, and some shows have to get cut, and WT is one of them
    Yeah, I suppose the retirement is true too. But I just wish for his and our sakes that it would have ended under better terms instead of this sad, undignified, abrupt end.

But even with other programming, it could still fit somewhere...That is if Dave wanted to continue. And it would be nice to have a motorsports show somewhere that would cover a bit more than just NASCAR, since now they're starting to fall behind NBC in terms of motorsport coverage.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nascarfan49 PSN ID: nascarfan49
    Quote Originally Posted by BMM248 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose the retirement is true too. But I just wish for his and our sakes that it would have ended under better terms instead of this sad, undignified, abrupt end.

But even with other programming, it could still fit somewhere...That is if Dave wanted to continue. And it would be nice to have a motorsports show somewhere that would cover a bit more than just NASCAR, since now they're starting to fall behind NBC in terms of motorsport coverage.
    I agree, it would of been nice for Dave to go out on his terms, not because of a format change, but such as life.

FS1 is falling behind because they are choosing to, were as NBC/SN wants, and thinks they can make money with motorsports, so we all should be supporting NBC/SN right now.
    I need something to put here
    Facebook Twitter DJ Facebook

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    NBC is going with Motorsports because they can't get in on the Stick & Ball stuff until the contracts for those start coming up in the next handful of years Last time most of those were up for renewal NBCSN was just struggling to launch and/or not even thought of yet so they missed out on them.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan8848 View Post
    I didn't know Wind Tunnel had that many episodes.
    For a long time the show was Monday though Thursday (or Sunday through Thursday, one of those) and aired from Feburary (Speedweeks) though the end of the Cup season in November (8 months). 8 months times roughly 16 shows a month = roughly 128 shows a year.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fisha695 View Post
    NBC is going with Motorsports because they can't get in on the Stick & Ball stuff until the contracts for those start coming up in the next handful of years Last time most of those were up for renewal NBCSN was just struggling to launch and/or not even thought of yet so they missed out on them.
    Yes, correct, still, they are choosing to go that route right now

For a long time the show was Monday though Thursday (or Sunday through Thursday, one of those) and aired from Feburary (Speedweeks) though the end of the Cup season in November (8 months). 8 months times roughly 16 shows a month = roughly 128 shows a year.
    I was watching Wind Tunnel during the five days a week, and I cant remember, but I think it was Sunday-Thursday

Driver
    looks like FuelTV will turn into Fox Sports two:
    For months, the worst kept secret in sports broadcasting has been the launch of Fox Sports 2 aside Fox Sports 1 on August 17th. Fox Sports has already announced the rebranding of Speed Channel into Fox Sports 1 and the promotional campaign is in overdrive just 9 days ahead of the launch. However, little has been said about Fox Sports 2. It has long been reported that Fuel TV will be rebranded as FS2, yet there's been nothing in terms of official announcements or confirmation coming from the folks in Los Angeles.
    There have been a couple revelations about Fox Sports 2 being a reality, though. The most notable is a UFC announcement regarding a Fight Night card in Manchester, England airing October 26th on FS2. Also, as World Soccer Talk unearthed, a Q&A on FoxSoccer.com reveals Fox Sports 2 as, "an extension of FOX Sports 1 that features live coverage of sporting events and connects with fans through entertaining studio shows and original programming."
    But the clearest sign of all of Fuel's rebranding as Fox Sports 2 actually comes on the Fuel TV website. There we finally find confirmation that the channel will become Fox Sports 2 on August 17th, the day Fox Sports 1 also launches:

The promo says Fox Sports 2 will be home to various UFC shoulder programming in addition to some live fights. Also, the link leads to another Q&A similar to the one on Fox Soccer's website, but dealing more with Fuel TV programming. Regarding the upcoming FS2 schedule, it's revealed: "You’ll see a variety of programs that ran on FUEL TV carry over to FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, including the Red Bull X-Fighters World Freestyle Motocross Tour, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships, and more."
    Additionally, the Fuel TV online schedule ends August 17th in the wee hours of the morning. Speed Channel officially becomes Fox Sports 1 at 6 AM ET August 17th and it looks like that's when Fuel will make the switch to Fox Sports 2 as well.
    We can finally stop the speculation. Fuel TV is becoming Fox Sports 2. It just so happens that in lieu of an official announcement, Fox has confirmed it places you have to search to find.
    Also, looks like Fox will recieve some PGA tour rights, not sure on how this will play into Fox Sports One yet.
    FOX Sports ‏@FOXSports 7 Aug
    JUST IN: You'll start seeing @USOPENGOLF on FOX Sports and @FOXSports1 in 2015. Welcome, @USGA. http://bit.ly/14lr4MU

I'm the Voice of Reason, and the Voice of the Voiceless. All opinions are of personal views.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_bayne_wannabe View Post
    looks like FuelTV will turn into Fox Sports two
    This has been known for like forever.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

A brief run down of what FS1 launch day schedule will be , and for the rest of the week to Friday
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/foxsports-schedule
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1

It should be noted that even though its not listed here, it does say on FS1 Q&A page,that FS1 will air Victory Lane
    • Saturday 8/17/2013
    • PREMIERE OF FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICK OFF 6am ET
    • PREMIERE OF FANTASTIC FINISHES 7am ET
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP PRACTICE Michigan 8:30am ET – Live
    • NCWTS QUALIFYING Michigan 9:30am ET – Live
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP FINAL PRACTICE Michigan 11am ET – Live
    • NCWTS RACING Michigan 12:30pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF FOX SPORTS 1 ON 1 2:30pm ET
    • FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICK OFF 3:30pm ET
    • PREMIERE OF UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER 4:30pm ET
    • UFC FIGHT NIGHT Prefight: Shogun vs Sonnen 5pm ET – Live
    • UFC FIGHT NIGHT Prelims: Shogun vs Sonnen 6pm ET – Live
    • UFC FIGHT NIGHT Shogun vs Sonnen 8pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF FOX SPORTS LIVE 11pm ET – Live

• Sunday 8/18/2013
    • PREMIERE OF NASCAR RACEDAY Michigan 10am ET – Live
    • MOTOGP MOTO2 Indianapolis 12pm ET – Live
    • MOTOGP MOTO3 Indianapolis 11am ET – Live
    • MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Indianapolis 2pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF NASCAR VICTORY LANE Michigan 7pm ET
    • PREMIERE OF UFC ULTIMATE 100 KNOCKOUTS Part 1: Knockouts 100-71 8pm ET
    • UFC ULTIMATE 100 KNOCKOUTS Part 2: Knockouts 70-41 9pm ET

• Monday 8/19/2013
    • PREMIERE OF FOX SOCCER DAILY 4pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF NASCAR RACE HUB 4:30pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF CROWD GOES WILD 5pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF FOX FOOTBALL DAILY 6pm ET – Live
    • GOLDEN BOY ON FOX: Daniel Jacobs vs Giovanni Lorenzo 9pm ET – Live

• Tuesday 8/20/2013
    • UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: PLAY-OFFS - 1st Leg 2pm ET – Live
    • CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE - MATCH DAY 2: DirecTV W Connection (TRI) vs Houston Dynamo (USA) 8pm ET – Live

• Wednesday 8/21/2013
    • NCWTS PRACTICE Bristol 10am ET – Live
    • NCWTS PRACTICE Bristol 12pm ET – Live
    • UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS - 1st Leg 2pm ET – Live
    • NCWTS RACING Bristol 8pm ET – Live

• Friday 8/23/2013
    • NASCAR NATIONWIDE PRACTICE Bristol 9am ET – Live
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP PRACTICE Bristol 12pm ET – Live
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP FINAL PRACTICE Bristol 2:30pm ET – Live
    • NASCAR NATIONWIDE QUALIFYING Bristol 3:30pm ET – Live
    • HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Bishop Gorman (NV) vs Mountain Pointe (AZ) 10pm ET – Live

Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-09-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Gamer IDs

Great (kind of depressing to be honest) read on the transition of SPEED into FS1 from the point of view of SPEED insiders. Apparently the Charlotte studio space was to be used for a morning news show however FOX ran out of money and will not be doing a morning news show now so the Charlotte building will be used for what little Motorsports programing they have left as well as the graphics & promos for the various FS1/FS2/FS programs.

Also Adam Alexander is being reassigned to NCAA football announcer for FS1.
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...dia/Speed.aspx

I watched the preview last night, and why am I not surprised that they had none of the NASCAR commentators/reporters/analysts on there, and the NASCAR preview lasted like a minute, while all the other previews went on (with the commentators/reporters/analysts) for at least 5 minutes each......
    #RIPDan77 Boston Strong

FOX Sports 1, and FOX Sports will air the entire United SportsCar Racing in 2014. United SportsCar Racing is the series that the NASCAR Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Series and the American LeMans Series will make up when they officially merge next season. The deal includes the Continental Tire Sports Car challenge -
    FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 to Broadcast Entire United SportsCar Racing and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Seasons Beginning in 2014

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Aug. 9, 2013) – FOX Sports and IMSA (International Motor Sports Association) announced today a five-year multi-media rights deal that solidifies United SportsCar Racing’s home on television through the 2018 season.

Today’s announcement, which comes on the heels of last week’s news that FOX Sports will broadcast NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races through 2024, bolsters FOX’s expansive motorsports coverage. The agreement also includes coverage of IMSA’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge for five years. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

For motorsports fans accustomed to FOX Sports’ broadcast presentation of various forms of racing, including NASCAR since 2001, today’s announcement signals another exciting development for sports car racing in America. In September of 2012, GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series and the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón announced the two entities were merging in one of the most significant developments in the history of sports car racing in North America. Later named United SportsCar Racing, sanctioned by IMSA, the premier new sports car racing series begins its next chapter with the Rolex 24 At Daytona in January of 2014.

“It’s hard to argue that there’s a global media company more equipped and better resourced to cover and broadcast sports car racing than FOX Sports,” said Ed Bennett, CEO of IMSA. “By partnering with FOX Sports for the next five years, United SportsCar Racing, Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge and their teams, tracks, drivers and sponsors are positioned for strong exposure while our existing fans can expect top-notch presentation, promotion and marketing.”

With the 2014 schedule still being finalized, exact distribution plans currently are being determined, but fans can expect to see a mix of races available on both FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. Under the new arrangement, FOX Sports also has the right to stream all IMSA races as part of its FOX Sports GO product. IMSA retains additional digital rights including alternate camera angles and full race replays.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity to partner with IMSA and newly formed United SportsCar Racing,” said Billy Wanger, FOX Sports EVP of Programming & Research. “Our commitment to motorsports remains very strong across the FOX family of networks, and this relationship with what is now a unified sports car community delivers a strong package of racing content for its passionate fans.”

FOX Sports began broadcasting live NASCAR races in 2001 and will launch its new all-sports network, FOX Sports 1, on Aug. 17 with a broadcast of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race from Michigan International Speedway as the network’s first-ever live event. On the same day, FOX Sports 2 will broadcast the Rolex Series SFP Grand Prix from Kansas Speedway, with a re-air Sunday on FOX Sports 1.

“FOX Sports has shown a thirst for live sports programming, and in particular live motorsports programming,” said Scott Atherton, ALMS President and CEO. “We’re thrilled to have partnered with FOX Sports on this deal, rounding out their motorsports coverage with this content and giving sports car racing fans a place to call home for the next five years. United SportsCar Racing and the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge will be surrounded by some of the best sports programming in the world and will benefit from great awareness and promotion.”

-
    http://www.alms.com/articles/imsa-an...ia-rights-deal

guess that means that ESPN is dropping more motorsports events. ESPN currently has the rights to the American LeMans Series broadcasts.

all they got left now (after 2014 when the NBC/NBCSN and FOX/FOX Sports1 NASCAR contract kicks in) is NHRA, which never airs live, Global RallyCross on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC, and the Izod IndyCar Series which is on ABC only.
    Last edited by kk9fan97; 08-09-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    #RIPDan77 Boston Strong

ESPN did LeMans? I never seen a LeMans race on ESPN before, shows how much they cared about that.
    Jeff Gordon fan logic

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    It's like nobody ever had baby...but once Gordon started it with Ella...we get like ten babies a year now lol.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by kk9fan97 View Post
    I watched the preview last night, and why am I not surprised that they had none of the NASCAR commentators/reporters/analysts on there, and the NASCAR preview lasted like a minute, while all the other previews went on (with the commentators/reporters/analysts) for at least 5 minutes each......
    Because in theory we already know the NASCAR stuff since it is currently the NASCAR channel.

FOX Sports 1, and FOX Sports will air the entire United SportsCar Racing in 2014.
    Booo!!!!!! Was hoping that NBC would pick it up

guess that means that ESPN is dropping more motorsports events. ESPN currently has the rights to the American LeMans Series broadcasts.
    The reason the merger didn't take place until 2014 is because that's when both series TV rights came to an end. Also the ALMS actually paid ESPN to show their races instead of the other way around much the same way that ChampCar did.

NHRA, which never airs live
    They did some live stuff earlier this season (or maybe it was late last season) and it pretty much sucked because all it takes is 1 oil-down to basically shut-down the racing for an hour or so. Drag racing is a form of racing that is best suited for delayed & edited TV broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    ESPN did LeMans? I never seen a LeMans race on ESPN before, shows how much they cared about that.
    They've had the American Le Mans Series for the past few years, I don't think ESPN America ever carried the LM24 atleast not live and in entirety.

Test Driver
    The American LeMans was usually on ABC when they did have it, not really that exciting, though. That's why the merger is going to make things better.

Gamer IDs

FOXSports has also acquired Formula E coverage for 80 countries including the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer.com
    The FIA's Formula E Championship has agreed a deal with Fox Sports that will ensure coverage in over 80 countries next year. The new series for all-electric vehicles will be broadcast live exclusively in the U.S. on the network and across a series of exclusive and non-exclusive platforms in other regions.

Formula E is a new FIA championship featuring open-wheel cars powered exclusively by electricity and racing in the downtown areas of 10 of the world's leading cities, including Los Angeles and Miami. Designed to promote interest and investment in electric vehicles and sustainable motoring, 10 teams each with two drivers will compete in one hour races using Formula cars capable of reaching speeds of around 140mph with zero emissions.

Alejandro Agag, CEO of series promoter Formula E Holdings, said: "We are very proud to announce this major agreement between Fox and the FIA Formula E Championship and to be partnering a truly global organization that fully believes in the future of racing.

"America is a key market for electric cars and to show our races live in the U..S will be central to promoting this type of mobility."

As well as two races in the U.S. IndyCar squad Andretti Autosport confirrmed last month that it would be taking part in the series. Six of the 10 teams have now been signed for the inaugural season, with Andretti Autosport, China Racing and British-based Drayson Racing having been confirmed to date.

This article originally appeared in Autosport.com
    I'm guessing we'll see this on FS2 at like 4am on Wednesdays or something like that.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Leedogg
    Among those still negotiating carriage fees with Fox Sports 1 are DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable. Spokesmen for DirecTV and TWC said Thursday that discussions are ongoing and Dish also has not signed a deal, according to the SportsBusiness Daily.

Speed is in nearly 86 million homes, but millions of its current subscribers won’t be able to see Fox Sports 1 unless a carriage deal is finalized.

DirecTV has 20 million subscribers, Time Warner Cable serves 14.6 million customers and Dish has 14 million subscribers. Not all of those subscribers pay for packages that include Speed (and would include Fox Sports 1), but those are three of the largest television providers in the country.

According to the SportsBusiness Journal, Speed costs about 23 cents each month per subscriber, and Fox is looking to increase that to 80 cents per month.

It’s not surprising that these negotiations go down to the wire, but it’s enough to make NASCAR fans nervous as the channel they know as Speed will cease to exist when Fox Sports 1 is launched in its place in about a week.
    and

In addition to the launch of Fox Sports 1 in place of Speed, another network, Fox Sports 2, will launch on the same day in place of Fuel. Fox Sports 2 is not expected to have as tense negotiations for carriage fees, according to SBJ.

According to the SBJ, Fuel is in 36.8 million homes.

No NASCAR national series races are scheduled for Fox Sports 2, but among its programming later this month are replays of truck races and the NASCAR Race Hub news show, truck qualifying and the NASCAR modified race Aug. 21 at Bristol and select Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series practices Aug. 30-31 at Atlanta.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...rint-cup-speed

Great, I hope Time Warner Cable comes to an agreement, and also move Fuel aka FS2. From the Sports Pass to the regular digital tier.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

And you can add Barrett Jackson Auction to FS2, the next BJ is from Vegas and its going to be shown on FS2, and get this, the final day will be on the National Geo Channel , LMAO

I have Comcast and on the TV Guide for the 17th it snow no FS1 stuff where Speed is located in my area, I am also wondering if I was have FS2 added to my programming cause I currently don't have Fuel TV... Anyone with CComcast can you had one channel to your list or you will need to get the whole package?

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BMM248
    Also Adam Alexander is being reassigned to NCAA football announcer for FS1.
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...dia/Speed.aspx
    HA! I just want to see how that is going to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer44 View Post
    I have Comcast and on the TV Guide for the 17th it snow no FS1 stuff where Speed is located in my area, I am also wondering if I was have FS2 added to my programming cause I currently don't have Fuel TV... Anyone with CComcast can you had one channel to your list or you will need to get the whole package?
    hate to break it to you. Comcast does not carry Fueltv on any of it's packages.
    #RIPDan77 Boston Strong

hate to break it to you. Comcast does not carry Fueltv on any of it's packages.
    my TV Guide has it it just say hit info for how to buy if you need a picture I will take one

Quote Originally Posted by Racer44 View Post
    my TV Guide has it it just say hit info for how to buy if you need a picture I will take one
    what is the channel number, I have never been able to find it once.

edit: while searching about it, and came across this -

I live in Concord NH and I see in fuel tv on demand with everything coming soon. So I would guess it is coming soon on demand and channel.

Steve
    from here - http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r284...B-Fox-Sports-1

I live right on the border of Concord, and I checked the on demand and it is not there either.

read the last two posts on that link, they say the same thing I said in the above post.
    Last edited by kk9fan97; 08-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    #RIPDan77 Boston Strong

Fuel TV is channel 177 but there is no HD my Comcast provider is based in Vermont so my HD channels ate 701-899

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: donnyh83
    Any updates on the Fox/Directv carriage dispute for Fox Sports One?
    RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
    RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011.
    Save Texas World Speedway.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast