• Other (If so, explain)

1 4.76%
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BigB39r PSN ID: Doggert_Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by BMM248:308990
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisha695 View Post
    Squire is pretty much happy being retired and fine with only be trotted-out a few times a year for special pieces here and there. Also he has to be heavily scripted because his mind isn't what it used to be and he has issues remembering things.
    Seemed to work well with Harry Carry. HEY!

lol
    YOU SPELLED CARAY WRONG!!!!! Lol

I really don't care though, who cares if you spell it wrong. Yes it did work out well, HEY! I have a question for you doctor, would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?!
    Last edited by Doggert Dog; 08-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    "I like horses."-Brad Keselowski

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    NASCAR Mods want TV coverage Drivers hope it will lead to sponsorships

Updated: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
    Published : Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 10:44 AM EDT

Mark Wiernasz

LOUDON, N.H. (WWLP) - While in New Hampshire Motor Speedway victory lane last month Doug Coby commented, "Hopefully we can get some more televised races and get some more outside interest in this series."

Those remarks came before the announcement that NASCAR and NBC had signed a broadcast rights agreement. The deal gives NBC the rights to the 2nd half of the season for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series, as well as rights for the Whelen Modified Tour and K&N Series. Modified tour teams have wanted their races televised for years, and each season a handful of races are broadcast. While the exact details of what NBC plans to do with the Whelen mods and K&N series have not been revealed, the interest in having the mod squad on television has not decreased.

One of the beliefs has always been that televised races would help teams attract, acquire, and retain sponsors. There was a time when Todd Szegedy had Wisk and Snuggle for sponsors on his #2 Ford. He told 22News, "If we could get a guarantee that we're going to have televised coverage, we can approach more sponsors. Most sponsors that we approach that could fund us for the whole year want to see these cars on TV. None of us really have these big sponsors because there's no TV coverage."

Defending Whelen Modified Champion Doug Coby warned that television coverage may not be a quick fix for obtaining sponsorship. "You've got to be on TV consistently. People have to be watching, and it has to be a good spot for the sponsor. It's all got to work together. In the long run it would help, but in the short term not really.", he explained.

Richie Pallai doesn't think it necessarily comes down to how many races are televised. He told 22News, "I think it has to do more with which races are on TV. We're such a grassroots series, such a local series that tours nationally, that a lot of us seek sponsorship that's in our region. So if we can get the tracks in our region, the tracks that we go to a couple of times a year, and we can get those races on TV, and have those companies that are in the backyard of those tracks actually come to the races, I think that's key."

Coby sees a link between television coverage and the tour's future. According to Coby, "We have to be on TV if we want to grow. The tour can stay the way it is with no television, but I think it just helps. It gets new fans involved and that's how you grow a sport."

There are drivers and teams that say time will tell if NBC sees value in televising the mod tour and K&N series. Coby told 22News, "I don't necessarily know that everybody's getting excited over it. Somebody's got the TV rights to us now and we're not really on television that much. So it doesn't mean it's going to be any different. So that's the only thing we can hope for."

Ted Christopher perhaps summed it up best when he told 22News, "Maybe they (NBC) can include the modified tour in their program. That would be wonderful for us."
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

FuelTV will be turned into FoxSports 2 on the 17th now officially announced

Avid Buescher fan along with Almirola Gordon & Wise.
    Driver of the #98 GOAT Racing entry in MiRL

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nascarfan49 PSN ID: nascarfan49
    http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...2-rebrand.html

For months, the worst kept secret in sports broadcasting has been the launch of Fox Sports 2 aside Fox Sports 1 on August 17th. Fox Sports has already announced the rebranding of Speed Channel into Fox Sports 1 and the promotional campaign is in overdrive just 9 days ahead of the launch. However, little has been said about Fox Sports 2. It has long been reported that Fuel TV will be rebranded as FS2, yet there's been nothing in terms of official announcements or confirmation coming from the folks in Los Angeles.
    There have been a couple revelations about Fox Sports 2 being a reality, though. The most notable is a UFC announcement regarding a Fight Night card in Manchester, England airing October 26th on FS2. Also, as World Soccer Talk unearthed, a Q&A on FoxSoccer.com reveals Fox Sports 2 as, "an extension of FOX Sports 1 that features live coverage of sporting events and connects with fans through entertaining studio shows and original programming."
    But the clearest sign of all of Fuel's rebranding as Fox Sports 2 actually comes on the Fuel TV website. There we finally find confirmation that the channel will become Fox Sports 2 on August 17th, the day Fox Sports 1 also launches:

The promo says Fox Sports 2 will be home to various UFC shoulder programming in addition to some live fights. Also, the link leads to another Q&A similar to the one on Fox Soccer's website, but dealing more with Fuel TV programming. Regarding the upcoming FS2 schedule, it's revealed: "You’ll see a variety of programs that ran on FUEL TV carry over to FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, including the Red Bull X-Fighters World Freestyle Motocross Tour, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships, and more."
    Additionally, the Fuel TV online schedule ends August 17th in the wee hours of the morning. Speed Channel officially becomes Fox Sports 1 at 6 AM ET August 17th and it looks like that's when Fuel will make the switch to Fox Sports 2 as well.
    We can finally stop the speculation. Fuel TV is becoming Fox Sports 2. It just so happens that in lieu of an official announcement, Fox has confirmed it places you have to search to find.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedEnergy View Post
    FuelTV will be turned into FoxSports 2 on the 17th now officially announced
    what the heck are they going to air on there?

Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by x20x JOEY x20x View Post
    Most likely the same what Fox Sports one will air, except in a smaller degree.. (I.E. lower billed College Football games or UFC fights)

wouldn't be surprised to see NASCAR practice sessions to come into play if there's overflow coverage of another sporting event in progress..

Immortal from all of my wrong doers, i thrived.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Well after looking at FuelTv's website, I see that they are moving most of their programming over, so I have no idea
    Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-09-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Driver
    looks like FuelTV will turn into Fox Sports two:
    For months, the worst kept secret in sports broadcasting has been the launch of Fox Sports 2 aside Fox Sports 1 on August 17th. Fox Sports has already announced the rebranding of Speed Channel into Fox Sports 1 and the promotional campaign is in overdrive just 9 days ahead of the launch. However, little has been said about Fox Sports 2. It has long been reported that Fuel TV will be rebranded as FS2, yet there's been nothing in terms of official announcements or confirmation coming from the folks in Los Angeles.
    There have been a couple revelations about Fox Sports 2 being a reality, though. The most notable is a UFC announcement regarding a Fight Night card in Manchester, England airing October 26th on FS2. Also, as World Soccer Talk unearthed, a Q&A on FoxSoccer.com reveals Fox Sports 2 as, "an extension of FOX Sports 1 that features live coverage of sporting events and connects with fans through entertaining studio shows and original programming."
    But the clearest sign of all of Fuel's rebranding as Fox Sports 2 actually comes on the Fuel TV website. There we finally find confirmation that the channel will become Fox Sports 2 on August 17th, the day Fox Sports 1 also launches:

The promo says Fox Sports 2 will be home to various UFC shoulder programming in addition to some live fights. Also, the link leads to another Q&A similar to the one on Fox Soccer's website, but dealing more with Fuel TV programming. Regarding the upcoming FS2 schedule, it's revealed: "You’ll see a variety of programs that ran on FUEL TV carry over to FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, including the Red Bull X-Fighters World Freestyle Motocross Tour, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships, and more."
    Additionally, the Fuel TV online schedule ends August 17th in the wee hours of the morning. Speed Channel officially becomes Fox Sports 1 at 6 AM ET August 17th and it looks like that's when Fuel will make the switch to Fox Sports 2 as well.
    We can finally stop the speculation. Fuel TV is becoming Fox Sports 2. It just so happens that in lieu of an official announcement, Fox has confirmed it places you have to search to find.
    Also, looks like Fox will recieve some PGA tour rights, not sure on how this will play into Fox Sports One yet.
    FOX Sports ‏@FOXSports 7 Aug
    JUST IN: You'll start seeing @USOPENGOLF on FOX Sports and @FOXSports1 in 2015. Welcome, @USGA. http://bit.ly/14lr4MU

Immortal from all of my wrong doers, i thrived.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_bayne_wannabe View Post
    Most likely the same what Fox Sports one will air, except in a smaller degree.. (I.E. lower billed College Football games or UFC fights)

wouldn't be surprised to see NASCAR practice sessions to come into play if there's overflow coverage of another sporting event in progress..
    I dont have fuel

Driver
    Gamer IDs

I dont have fuel
    Dont worry, unless you are into UFC, you are not missing much, thats about all FuelTv has been, and I dont think any NASCAR stuff will be on FS2 right now, unless that changes, but all the press info has stated FS1 for NASCAR coverage

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_bayne_wannabe View Post
    looks like FuelTV will turn into Fox Sports two
    This has been known for like forever.

Gamer IDs

I know you're not old enough to remember the early years of ESPN2 but if the early years of FS2 are anything like those first 10 years of ESPN2 it's going to be an epic channel and better then FS1.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

I know you're not old enough to remember the early years of ESPN2 but if the early years of FS2 are anything like those first 10 years of ESPN2 it's going to be an epic channel and better then FS1.
    Oh yeah, the good days of ESPN2 was great , sadly I dont really remember as the area we lived in at the time when the deuce came on air was not in the area for digital, or fiber optic cable , so we could only had ESPN for a the first few years

But my dad had it in the part of city he lived in , so he would record stuff for me

But come on Fisha lol, this is FOX we are talking about, you really think FS2 will be just as good as the deuce was haha

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mmartinfan View Post
    But come on Fisha lol, this is FOX we are talking about, you really think FS2 will be just as good as the deuce was haha
    Well they got contracts for Monster Trucks, Freestyle MX & MX Racing so all they're missing is Street Luge and Luberjack competitions l0l

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Well they got contracts for Monster Trucks, Freestyle MX & MX Racing so all they're missing is Street Luge and Luberjack competitions l0l
    How about monster street luge lol

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: donnyh83
    I did a search for Fox Sports 2 and noticed a news article that said Horse Racing will be on Fox Sports 1 in 2014. Up to 10 events a year in a multi-year agreement.

Edit: I also read on the Wikipedia article about FS1, they will air USGA (United States Golf Association) golf events starting in 2015.
    Last edited by donnyh83; 08-09-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
    RIP Sadie, my little buddy 11-29-1998 - 6-5-2014
    RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011.
    Save Texas World Speedway.

well fueltv is in standard for me. i wonder if it will become in hd for me when they switch over?

Driver
    Gamer IDs

And dont forget, although this has nothing to do with NASCAR or FS1 right now, but FXX is coming next month

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mmartinfan View Post
    And dont forget, although this has nothing to do with NASCAR or FS1 right now, but FXX is coming next month
    And don't forget the same day FS1 & 2 launch we get the premier of Premier League on NBC.

And don't forget the same day FS1 & 2 launch we get the premier of Premier League on NBC.
    so basically fox gets rid of fox soccer for FXX and NBC gets soccer?

Driver
    Gamer IDs

And dont forget that some of us may not get FS1/2 if deals can not be reached , which I can not see it happening

Cable providers still negotiating with Fox over Fox Sports 1: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice sessions and the Camping World Truck Series race Aug. 17 from Michigan International Speedway will be among the live telecasts on the first day Fox Sports 1 goes on air in place of the Speed cable network. And that could be a problem. Among those still negotiating carriage fees with Fox Sports 1 are DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable. Spokesmen for DirecTV and TWC said Thursday that discussions are ongoing and Dish also has not signed a deal, according to the SportsBusiness Daily. Speed is in nearly 86 million homes, but millions of its current subscribers won't be able to see Fox Sports 1 unless a carriage deal is finalized. According to the SportsBusiness Journal, Speed costs about 23 cents each month per subscriber, and Fox is looking to increase that to 80 cents per month. It's not surprising that these negotiations go down to the wire, but it's enough to make NASCAR fans nervous as the channel they know as Speed will cease to exist when Fox Sports 1 is launched in its place in about a week.(Sporting News)(8-9-2013)

I wonder if we are going to see FOX put up the , for lack of a better word , the propaganda scrolls telling us how evil DirecTv is, and how they are going to keep us from FS1, which would be funny as , I bet all of Speed's viewers are going to be like, good for DirecTv haha
    Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-09-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

A brief run down of what FS1 launch day schedule will be , and for the rest of the week to Friday
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/foxsports-schedule
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1

It should be noted that even though its not listed here, it does say on FS1 Q&A page,that FS1 will air Victory Lane
    • Saturday 8/17/2013
    • PREMIERE OF FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICK OFF 6am ET
    • PREMIERE OF FANTASTIC FINISHES 7am ET
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP PRACTICE Michigan 8:30am ET – Live
    • NCWTS QUALIFYING Michigan 9:30am ET – Live
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP FINAL PRACTICE Michigan 11am ET – Live
    • NCWTS RACING Michigan 12:30pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF FOX SPORTS 1 ON 1 2:30pm ET
    • FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICK OFF 3:30pm ET
    • PREMIERE OF UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER 4:30pm ET
    • UFC FIGHT NIGHT Prefight: Shogun vs Sonnen 5pm ET – Live
    • UFC FIGHT NIGHT Prelims: Shogun vs Sonnen 6pm ET – Live
    • UFC FIGHT NIGHT Shogun vs Sonnen 8pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF FOX SPORTS LIVE 11pm ET – Live

• Sunday 8/18/2013
    • PREMIERE OF NASCAR RACEDAY Michigan 10am ET – Live
    • MOTOGP MOTO2 Indianapolis 12pm ET – Live
    • MOTOGP MOTO3 Indianapolis 11am ET – Live
    • MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Indianapolis 2pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF NASCAR VICTORY LANE Michigan 7pm ET
    • PREMIERE OF UFC ULTIMATE 100 KNOCKOUTS Part 1: Knockouts 100-71 8pm ET
    • UFC ULTIMATE 100 KNOCKOUTS Part 2: Knockouts 70-41 9pm ET

• Monday 8/19/2013
    • PREMIERE OF FOX SOCCER DAILY 4pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF NASCAR RACE HUB 4:30pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF CROWD GOES WILD 5pm ET – Live
    • PREMIERE OF FOX FOOTBALL DAILY 6pm ET – Live
    • GOLDEN BOY ON FOX: Daniel Jacobs vs Giovanni Lorenzo 9pm ET – Live

• Tuesday 8/20/2013
    • UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: PLAY-OFFS - 1st Leg 2pm ET – Live
    • CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE - MATCH DAY 2: DirecTV W Connection (TRI) vs Houston Dynamo (USA) 8pm ET – Live

• Wednesday 8/21/2013
    • NCWTS PRACTICE Bristol 10am ET – Live
    • NCWTS PRACTICE Bristol 12pm ET – Live
    • UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS - 1st Leg 2pm ET – Live
    • NCWTS RACING Bristol 8pm ET – Live

• Friday 8/23/2013
    • NASCAR NATIONWIDE PRACTICE Bristol 9am ET – Live
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP PRACTICE Bristol 12pm ET – Live
    • NASCAR SPRINT CUP FINAL PRACTICE Bristol 2:30pm ET – Live
    • NASCAR NATIONWIDE QUALIFYING Bristol 3:30pm ET – Live
    • HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Bishop Gorman (NV) vs Mountain Pointe (AZ) 10pm ET – Live

Last edited by mmartinfan; 08-09-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedEnergy View Post
    so basically fox gets rid of fox soccer for FXX and NBC gets soccer?
    FOX gets (or keeps or has or however you want to word it)
    • UEFA Champions League
    • UEFA Europa League
    • CONCACAF Champions League
    • FIFA World Cup (Men & Womens, starting in 2015)
    • Fox Soccer Daily (Soccer news show covering what FS1 covers plus MLS, EPL & others)

NBC gets (or keeps or has or however you want to word it)
    • MLS (shares with ESPN)
    • English Premier League (all 380 games broadcast, that doesn't even happen in the UK)
    • Summer Olympic Soccer (through 2020)
    • EPL Match of the Day/MotD2 (based on BBC shows of same name)
    • EPL World
    • EPL Preview/Review
    • EPL Goal Zone (showing all goals of the weekend)
    • EPL:36 (part of the NBC:36 Series)

FOX has more leagues (3 leagues & 2 non-yearly tourneys then NBC (2 leagues & 2 non-yearly tourneys) though the FOX leagues aren't "proper" leagues but instead continent based challenge leagues. I'm not sure what happens with the US National team qualifiers, I'm guessing FOX will have the World Cup qualifiers and NBC will have the Olympic ones.

I have not heard anything about the UEFA Supercup which is a game between the winner of the Champions League & the Europa League but I would guess FOX might have that, nor have I heard anything about the Sky Bet Championship (Nationwide Series of the EPL) but I'm guessing that if there is a tight fight for promotion to the EPL at the end of the season we may get coverage of a game or two on NBC). I have also not heard about the UEFA Euro Championship tourney rights but the next one of those does not take place until 2016 so there is some time to figure that out.

Fußball-Bundesliga still does not have a US TV deal that I'm aware of which is a shame as it's the most competitive league in Europe (and thus the world?).

Gamer IDs

Great (kind of depressing to be honest) read on the transition of SPEED into FS1 from the point of view of SPEED insiders. Apparently the Charlotte studio space was to be used for a morning news show however FOX ran out of money and will not be doing a morning news show now so the Charlotte building will be used for what little Motorsports programing they have left as well as the graphics & promos for the various FS1/FS2/FS programs.

Also Adam Alexander is being reassigned to NCAA football announcer for FS1.
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...dia/Speed.aspx

I watched the preview last night, and why am I not surprised that they had none of the NASCAR commentators/reporters/analysts on there, and the NASCAR preview lasted like a minute, while all the other previews went on (with the commentators/reporters/analysts) for at least 5 minutes each......

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast