Howie Mandel named host of the Sprint Cup Series Awards Banquet

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Howie Mandel will play host to the 2012 Sprint Cup Series Awards later this month in Las Vegas.
    The Sprint Cup Series Awards, which begin at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 30 with live coverage on SPEED, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, are the culmination of Champion's Week and will honor the 2012 champion along with the rest of the top 10 drivers in the final Chase for the Sprint Cup standings.

Mandel, widely known for his role as a judge on the NBC's "America's Got Talent," has succeeded across entertainment genres for more than 30 years. His accomplishments include:

- Host of the upcoming TV game show "Take It All," premiering Dec. 10 on NBC
    - Executive producer and host of the FOX hidden camera series "Mobbed"
    - Emmy Award-nominated host of the TV game show "Deal Or No Deal"
    - Actor on the Emmy Award-winning TV series "St. Elsewhere"
    - New York Times best-selling author of Here's The Deal: Don't Touch Me
    - Creator and executive producer of the Emmy Award-nominated children's series "Bobby's World"
    - Internationally known stand-up comedian, who continues to perform as many as 200 concerts a year throughout the United States and Canada

"I've spent many years in my career evaluating and analyzing talent, and there is no doubt in my mind that these NASCAR drivers are the best drivers in the world," Mandel said. "I'm really looking forward to hosting this year's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards to help honor the top 10 drivers and officially crown the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion."

Each year, the awards have grown in stature and prestige. Reba McEntire, Kid Rock and Rascal Flatts have taken the stage in years past.

"Year after year, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards combines the excitement of NASCAR and the entertainment of Hollywood into a spectacular event," said Zane Stoddard, NASCAR managing director, entertainment marketing and business development. "With Howie's work on 'America's Got Talent' and 'Deal Or No Deal,' he's become one of the most recognizable and popular personalities in America, and we feel he makes this year's show one of the most anticipated in recent memory."

Other entertainment-related announcements regarding the awards show will be announced in the coming weeks.
    NASCAR.com

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JGJrfan2488 Steam ID: CreepingDeath2488
    I hope to God he doesn't do stand-up. I imagine him not being good at all.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bubba1498
    I watched Deal or No Deal when I was younger and always hated Mandel because he always cut to commercials.
    #24 #4 #55 ​#41
    NFL: Dallas Cowboys NCAA: Kansas State Wildcats ​Twitter: @gordonsmith2424
    "I don't care what people think. People are stupid."-Charles Barkley
    "Just because you killed Jesse James, doesn't make you Jesse James."-Mike Ehrmantraut

Car Owner
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JGJrfan2488 Steam ID: CreepingDeath2488
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonsmith View Post
    I watched Deal or No Deal when I was younger and always hated Mandel because he always cut to commercials.
    That's one of the only game shows I miss. Well, the hour long prime time one at least. But it never got really good until they started getting down to just a few left, and there's a few big amounts and a few small amounts left.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadBloatedDog
    I wish that NASCAR could have gotten Jeff Dunham instead. D.W. already talks like he's got a hand up his a@@ anyways, so why not have somebody host that does it for a living.....

Not to discredit Mandel as a whole, but this choice feels really bizarre.

They need to get Frank Caliendo back.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter
    @nascar4824hen
    Go Inter Milan and New York Red Bulls!

meh, i dont watch it anyway , this will just pt a cap on my reasons not to watch

Avid Buescher fan along with Almirola Gordon & Wise.
    Driver of the #98 GOAT Racing entry in MiRL

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    If he doesn't walk out on stage to this music I'm turning it off.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Haha! I remember watching that show every morning before school when I was a kid.

Singnature images are to be no larger than 5000 pixels wide by 1000 pixels tall.

iRacing #34 Red Sox Impala

Maybe his OCD will kick in and provide us a free show

Driver
    Howie Mandel isn't anything good. he ruins everything he stars in.

I'm the Voice of Reason, and the Voice of the Voiceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper
    I cry because others are stupid and it makes me sad.