Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Would IROC be a Cool Feature in NTG?

I was just thinking about IROC this week and what a cool series it was. It was made to favor driver skill over anything, as drivers drove identically prepared stock cars of the same body style from the same shop where the drivers got no setup input, no spotter, and their pit crews all came out of the same shop. Even though there is no real IROC now, wouldn't it be neat if NASCAR the Game had either invitational events or an online game mode where we all drove the same car and were given the same setup? Granted, video game racing is pretty much set up for a fair deal for all players, but I think the IROC concept is neat. Instead of just having drivers limited to the default setup, there would be no types of adjustments available while pitting whatsoever, or eliminate pitting so no one could use pit strategies. Caution laps would also not count just like IROC did, so you couldn't get the race length over with early by pacing around. The point would be to eliminate all strategies and just fight to the death every lap. I know licensing is always an issue, so maybe Eutechnyx could give the series an original name, design a generic Pontiac Firebird-esque car, and put their name along with Activision and Goodyear as the series sponsors.
    What do you guys think? Would you be up for an all-skill race mode?

Hmmm. You know I actually like this idea. I have always been an avid supporter of online winners should be the more skilled "driver" and not the more skilled "tuner." I think this would be a cool idea for maybe NtG13-NtG14 or something along those lines.
    *Insert Quote of Choice*

Quote Originally Posted by TDogWilson24 View Post
    Hmmm. You know I actually like this idea. I have always been an avid supporter of online winners should be the more skilled "driver" and not the more skilled "tuner." I think this would be a cool idea for maybe NtG13-NtG14 or something along those lines.
    Exactly, this would give players options as to what type of race they want to compete in. The regular races would allow custom setups and/or pitting adjustments like actual NASCAR races, but this alternate mode would be available if you wanted just a driver skill-only match. The maximum amount of laps could be limited to equal 100 miles also just like IROC did, so it would discourage "saving everything until the end" because the maximum length the host could make it would still be short.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    NASCAR never owned IROC, I doubt a dead series owned by somebody else would stand any chance of ending up in a NASCAR game.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: b67hse73
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk247 View Post
    I was just thinking about IROC this week and what a cool series it was. It was made to favor driver skill over anything, as drivers drove identically prepared stock cars of the same body style from the same shop where the drivers got no setup input, no spotter, and their pit crews all came out of the same shop. Even though there is no real IROC now, wouldn't it be neat if NASCAR the Game had either invitational events or an online game mode where we all drove the same car and were given the same setup? Granted, video game racing is pretty much set up for a fair deal for all players, but I think the IROC concept is neat. Instead of just having drivers limited to the default setup, there would be no types of adjustments available while pitting whatsoever, or eliminate pitting so no one could use pit strategies. Caution laps would also not count just like IROC did, so you couldn't get the race length over with early by pacing around. The point would be to eliminate all strategies and just fight to the death every lap. I know licensing is always an issue, so maybe Eutechnyx could give the series an original name, design a generic Pontiac Firebird-esque car, and put their name along with Activision and Goodyear as the series sponsors.
    What do you guys think? Would you be up for an all-skill race mode?
    Nah.

Not a part of NASCAR. So not on their mind.

Jimmie Johnson driver of the 48 Lowe's Daytona Yellow Chevrolet

Banned
    GameStop...trading in NTG IL....no DLC in Career Mode
    I'm for any extra STUFF they can add.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PCPGaming Wii Code: 8844 3157 5417 6194
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisha695 View Post
    NASCAR never owned IROC, I doubt a dead series owned by somebody else would stand any chance of ending up in a NASCAR game.
    Ditto (I agree).
    Owner of Preston Plourd Motorsports

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FULKROD_RCN_53
    i think if we had servers, & the online was setup like GT5. there could be turniments & stuff
    "Because he believes that the PS3 is a god send that is better than even a super computer and wants somebody to bow down to him so he can gloat he's god's right hand man for defending the PS3..."

Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: sam2851995
    in UFC 3 they brought PRIDE in so why not bring back IRCO

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

honestly i dnt want to see an old series brought n a game its not about. maybe one day there could be NASCAR ELITE , lol like COD ELITE. were we pay $20 bucks a yr, gett all DLC & updates free. plus it could be the only way to get nationwide & trucks lol. ice pass on to activision. i would like 20/80% of profits, & a free copy of the new game each yr for free, or get me a job working for u all. lol but in seriousness
    "Because he believes that the PS3 is a god send that is better than even a super computer and wants somebody to bow down to him so he can gloat he's god's right hand man for defending the PS3..."

I think the OP is just saying that he would like a fake Eutechnyx series like IROC. It would be no car adjustments and everyone would drive the same cars but it wouldnt be IROC.
    *Insert Quote of Choice*

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

im aware of what he wants. heck start a league & run default setups lol. i was tryn to brown nose lol. ol' redwings busted his ass kissing ass to be mod lol jk steeeeevo, he was acctually help. i want to be more hands on with the company & games. got a lot sick proposals.
    Last edited by SCOTT FULKROD; 05-21-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT FULKROD View Post
    im aware of what he wants. heck start a league & run default setups lol. i was tryn to brown nose lol. ol' redwings busted his ass kissing ass to be mod lol jk steeeeevo, he was acctually help. i want tio be more hands on with the company & games. got a lot sick proposals.
    WTH? Can you please use English so I can understand you.
    *Insert Quote of Choice*

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

nah weres the fun in that?

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    Nice try, the human brain is capable of reading misspelled words with ease as long as the first and last letters are correct.
    Check out the NXRL on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cypherxr

Let's not forget that our beloved Eutechnyx also made this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DEJ95 View Post
    I wouldn't even want Eutechnyx mowing my front lawn at this point.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by uk285 View Post
    UFC has nothing to do with NASCAR and Eutechnyx...

Spotter
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Razorblade25
    Dana White and Co OWN pride that's why they have it in UFC 3...I don't know but will Nascar buy a dead company I don't think so.
    You think I'm a pretty good race car driver? Wait until you see my brother. He's the best driver in the family." - Kurt Busch (2001)

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    Dana White and Co OWN pride that's why they have it in UFC 3...I don't know but will Nascar buy a dead company I don't think so.
    Exactly...

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MidLEastSWAG39 Steam ID: MidLEast_Neenja39
    If you want IROC and IROC Z78's, there's mods for NR2003.
    Born Dodge//
    #PenskePride

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    Quote Originally Posted by uk285 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    Yup Zuffa owns Pride, similar to how WWE owns WCW/ECW (and a bunch of other smaller regional ones from back in the day).

The IROC Name/Trademarks last I heard were still owned by Jay Signore, I know Roger Penske had a lot to do with the series so I don't know if maybe he fully acquired the name/trademarks after it closed or not but I do know that NASCAR does not have them.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Spotter
    Can someone lock this thread? We know that the awnser's no so lets not waste memory. No need to be a party pooper just saying.
    Favorite Drivers: Cup: Martin Truex Jr. Kyle Larson Jamie McMurray Kurt Busch Jimmie Johnson
    NW: Trevor Bayne James Buescher Landon Cassil
    CWTS: Gemain Quiroga Johnny Sauter

I would like that too, seems neat.

I think the OP is just saying that he would like a fake Eutechnyx series like IROC. It would be no car adjustments and everyone would drive the same cars but it wouldnt be IROC.
    Exactly. I think I worded my post wrong. I'm not saying a whole other series should be added, but more of an optional game mode with rules like IROC had where no one could use strategies or gain advantages in any way. The only option available for the host would be to turn damage on or off. Damage would be more realistic, but turning it off would keep the wreckers from ruining someone's race, because the guy(s) they wrecked would just regroup without damage, the race couldn't be run on caution laps, and the pack size would be too small to make a difference. It's a perfect recipe for keeping the wreckers from getting an unfair advantage. Granted, some races would get dragged out by caution laps, but I think after a few cautions people would try harder not to wreck each other.
    Last edited by Firehawk247; 05-22-2012 at 04:00 AM.

that sound good but what they should do is to bring back nascar thunder 2004 and add the 2011 into one
    the nascar thunder 2004 setup on the car and the career mode and the nascarthegame2011 looks
    that will be a great game sure nascar thunder 2004 was harder to win in career mode but that what made it so great
    now you thake nascar 2008/2009 they was ok i guest but come on we all know that the harder the game is the better we all like it
    so lets bring back nascar thunder 2004 here we all like nascar games again.

The chances are slim to none that NASCAR would allow them to put a dead series into the game, especially one that wasn't even a NASCAR series.

Though if they were to make online play the way I want it then we should be able to chose options like that when the host creates the room. Fixed setup and all that. I doubt we'll even see that anytime soon either though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast