Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Daytona/Talladega Setups...

If anyone has decent setups, post em here! Lets go fast and have fun drafting

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OUTTHERE83 PSN ID: OUTTHERE9
    Well first thing is its Dega and Tona, not much needed for setups but my tire pressures are just like NTG11 65's all the way across and i use type B for the gears other than that i didnt change anything.

Daytona/Talladega Setups...

Can only put 35lbs in left side tires

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OUTTHERE83 PSN ID: OUTTHERE9
    yea you gotta pit to add the other pressures in

Quote Originally Posted by DaWangHardt View Post
    Well first thing is its Dega and Tona, not much needed for setups but my tire pressures are just like NTG11 65's all the way across and i use type B for the gears other than that i didnt change anything.
    Been racing since Nascar 06: Total Team Control and never heard anyone say 'tona'.... 'Dega' yes.

Thanks anyways for your feedback on setups though

whats your fastest daytona lap..alone no draft?

Fastest Talladega lap w/out draft? I can't go faster than 192 on the straights. Question - on NASCAR 09 the bump and rebound went from 1-9 - how does that correlate with the new settings that go from like 12-90 or whatever? I'm trying to get a good Talladega setup. I've heard people say they hit 198 by them selves. Daytona help is great also; any help with setups running alone lol.

This is Mine So Far...Dega, Daytona is close to this....

Left Tires...35, Right Side...65, Type B Trans, All Bump @ 15, All Rebound 25, Front Ride Height 8, Rear Height 7.5, Front Spring 900, Rear Spring 450, All Camber & Caster as close to zero as u can if u can't get them to zero..Front Sway 2500, Rear Sway 0...Wedge is at 48... Can be loose if u touch apron, just don't do that.... I run 48.40 is fastest qualify, and does hit 197 goin into 3 & 4... if u need anymore help, add me on psn @ TopNotchRcn-26 Hope this helps.....

Dega/Daytona For Sure... Always...!!!!

Paint Booth Hall of Fame
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Duhhub
    @SpoolnBad: The biggest thing you can do is adjust the air pressure. It's a plate track; so there's not much else you can do other than adjust the tires. I know this may sound elementary, and you probably know this already, but the higher the air pressure, the more short-term speed you'll get. The longer you race, the more you'll need to lower the pressure. I've always raced at about 35-45 in all four tires, depending on the length of the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Stop harassing Eutechnyx and go buy NASCAR 14 Extended edition, it's good lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod26 View Post
    Left Tires...35, Right Side...65, Type B Trans, All Bump @ 15, All Rebound 25, Front Ride Height 8, Rear Height 7.5, Front Spring 900, Rear Spring 450, All Camber & Caster as close to zero as u can if u can't get them to zero..Front Sway 2500, Rear Sway 0...Wedge is at 48... Can be loose if u touch apron, just don't do that.... I run 48.40 is fastest qualify, and does hit 197 goin into 3 & 4... if u need anymore help, add me on psn @ TopNotchRcn-26 Hope this helps.....
    what should my grill tape and spitter be

Fan
    Stony Point, North Carolina, United States
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3080 4905 8089 3433
    I used this setup with some slight tweaks on the Wii version, and it's great. Tried having the camber low, but it kept losing all grip on the exit of the turns...

I have all tires at 60, bumps at 10, rebounds at 15, all heights at 8, front spring at 1500, camber -1.3 front left and rest at 0, caster 1 front right 0 for others, front sway at 2000, wedge is 50.2, diff. ratio 3.60:1, spliiter 1, and grille tape at 70.

Fastest lap is 48.58 seconds, but if you bump the grille tape to 100%, fastest lap was 47.4 seconds. I would only use full tape for qualifying or in a very short run situation, such as a green-white-checkered or short race, since it starts overheating after a few laps.

EDIT: I tried this again this morning, but did a little more tweaking to it since it was losing a bit of speed off the corner from bouncing around, and had a lap of 47 seconds flat, riding the bottom line all the way around. It was not too loose to where you though you'd spin out, but still could ride any line without issue. The only thing is that if you lower the Grille Tape, you won't get that speed, but at 100% you will.
    Last edited by Albert Smarowsky; 05-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Going to have to try this, although can only get lefts to 35... Gonna try later, and see...

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Basskicker14
    Tried it on ps3 my car bottoms out on the bumps making me wrecking loose. Would be fast if it would stick to the track. Gonna try to make some spring adjustments

Getting Closer!!!!

Its all in the springs... got mine running a 48.39 in qualify.. and clicking 197-198 on back straight and tri-oval.. still pushing for a high 47... Getting Close

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kykle2448
    You'd be surprised what some camber and caster adjustments could do...

Fan
    Gamer IDs

48.28 qualifying with a few minor tweaks epic next car on champion was a 48.90.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kykle2448
    What are you using, controller or wheel?

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Logitech gt wheel no assits manual transmission . Force feed 100 deadzone 0 steering sensitivity 95 Throtle and brakes 100

Post that 47 when you get it..in track testing I can't get the car over 195 but in season I was on the pole 48.77 with your setup, just dropped front springs to 700 and I hit 197 going into the straights

Dega
    47.56 Qualifying
    47.8's and 9's Practice alone.
    201 top speed.

Looking to go dominate times at Daytona this weekend hope all goes good.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EliteKilla29
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod26 View Post
    Its all in the springs... got mine running a 48.39 in qualify.. and clicking 197-198 on back straight and tri-oval.. still pushing for a high 47... Getting Close
    Does the car spark with this setup?
    Favorite driver: Dale Earnhardt Jr

Unfortunately Yes...Still working on it... Qualified a 48.08 ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast