Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Talladega setup.

This is the same setup that was posted in the "Daytona/Talladega" Setups thread and this way it can be posted in a separate area just for reference. I'll still keep working on it. I've got multiple e-mails asking where the find the setup so here it is:

UPDATED: 2/6/2013
    Yellow Color = Updated

This is a setup I've started from scratch and using a little here and there from experience. So far a solo run, the best I've qualified is a 47.77. As I stated in the Daytona/Talladega thread, it isn't due to importing a Michigan setup; it's all in how you work with the wedge, ride height (to adjust the wedge) bump, compression.

Track:
    Talladega
    Assists Used: None
    Controller/Wheel: Controller

Tires:

Front Left:
    Cold Pressure: 35
    Camber: 0
    Caster:6

Front Right:
    Cold Pressure: 65
    Camber: 0.0
    Caster: 6

Rear Left:
    Pressure: 35
    Camber: 1.8

Rear Right:
    Pressure: 65
    Camber: -1.8

Front Toe Adjustments:
    Front Toe-In: -1/4

Rear Toe Adjustments:
    Left Rear Toe In: -1/4
    Right Rear Toe In: -1/4

Suspension:

Front Left:
    Ride Height: 10.0
    Bump: 71
    Rebound: 20
    Spring: 350

Front Right:
    Ride Height: 10.0
    Bump: 71
    Rebound: 20
    Spring: 350

Rear Left:
    Ride Height: 5.6
    Bump: 59
    Rebound: 35
    Spring: 250
    Trackbar: 8
    Rubber: No

Rear Right:
    Ride Height: 6.0
    Bump: 59
    Rebound: 35
    Spring: 250

Track Bar: 8.0
    Rubber: No

Drivetrain and Aero:
    Gearing: B

Brakes:
    Bias: 65

Steering:
    Steering Lock: 10

Aerodynamics:
    Tape: 100% (If Qual, 70% if Race)
    Front Splitter: 2.0

Balance:
    Wedge & Bias:
    Front Bias: 50
    Left Bias: 52
    Wedge: 47.8

Front & Rear Sway Bar:
    Front: 2000
    Rear: 100
    Last edited by ESheets782; 02-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Overall Vehicle selected levels: Chassis 4, Engine 3, Transmission 3, Brakes 2. 3 Wins (Daytona, Atlanta, Talladega) - Rookie (Hard level)

I kept the set up given initially by the CC (AI computer) based on the data above:

Front Bias 50
    Left Bias 52
    Wedge 51.1

Front Sway Bar 3000
    Rear Sway Bar 0.0

Front-Left Tire 30
    Rear-Left Tire 30
    Front-Right Tire 55
    Rear-Right Tire 50

Tape 60 (Recommend 100 for qualifying, I didn't do this for my latest run)

**kept all the original set-ups for height, weights, camber, etc.

Qualified 14th with set-up, but quickly took the field by lap 3 and took the lead. Check your fuel level and determine if you need to pit, especially if all you run is only 38 laps.
    Last edited by Chrome-horn; 12-29-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Chrome-horn
    "...I only meant to rattle his cage a little!" Dale Earnhardt

Had a 4 car draft going last night. Ran a 45.41 @ 214 at end of tri-oval.
    I was looking at leaderboards and so many of the times are unrealistic . I wonder where the legit times start. They were in the teens all the way up. I don't think a 40 would be legit. I know out times were but sure some others were too. Wish that was fixed.
    "Yeah but I parked your team mate" HARVICK to HAMLIN

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadBloatedDog
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrhappy29 View Post
    Had a 4 car draft going last night. Ran a 45.41 @ 214 at end of tri-oval.
    I was looking at leaderboards and so many of the times are unrealistic . I wonder where the legit times start. They were in the teens all the way up. I don't think a 40 would be legit. I know out times were but sure some others were too. Wish that was fixed.
    I.M.O., the mid to high 44's and low 45's are where the "honest" times probably start. I sure that there are probably some lower times that are real too considering some of the "super setups" that some people have, but I have never came across anybody that can run Talladega in times as low as what's posted for the top 100.

I was looking at the same thing last night. I'm ranked somewhere around 800 with a low 46 and was pushing for a mid 45 but I got crashed the other night, but at least 600 or 700 times above me were "glitch" times. Maybe when the patch drops the leaderboards will be reset like they were for 11.
    Last edited by DeadBloatedDog; 12-29-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadBloatedDog View Post
    I.M.O., the mid to high 44's and low 45's are where the "honest" times probably start. I sure that there are probably some lower times that are real too considering some of the "super setups" that some people have, but I have never came across anybody that can run Talladega in times as low as what's posted for the top 100.

I was looking at the same thing last night. I'm ranked somewhere around 800 with a low 46 and was pushing for a mid 45 but I got crashed the other night, but at least 600 or 700 times above me were "glitch" times. Maybe when the patch drops the leaderboards will be reset like they were for 11.
    Agreed, I feel my 45.41 is in top 100. We did leave some on the table. It was not a perfect lap. But I do not feel a 43 is even realistic. I do hope they are reset and glitch free after the patch.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadBloatedDog
    Agreed, I feel my 45.41 is in top 100. We did leave some on the table. It was not a perfect lap. But I do not feel a 43 is even realistic. I do hope they are reset and glitch free after the patch.
    The only problem is that the leaderboards will still get a ton of glitch times due to people quitting and such even after it gets reset. It happened with 11 after the reset and it will happen once again.

help

I tried this exact setup, and my best time so far is 49.08. This is with all assists off. It appears to be bottoming out all the way through the corners. What am I doing wrong? I want to get in the mid 48's.

Are you running this setup online or offline? I dont do much offline racing if that's the case. You will bottom out if you run it during a qualifying. To keep it from bottoming out, raise the rear springs to 350.

The Talladega setup.

It was all offline. I do race mostly online, but was trying your setup initially In a test session at Talledaga. I haven't actually tried it in a qualifying or racing situation. I will try the new spring setting and let you know how it does. Thanks for helping. I just want to get more competitive in the online racing. I'm always the slowest car.

I think a high 43 can be done. We have 3 car tandem-ed our way to 44.33, and wrecked in the green a few times. Though I'm not sure if there are legit times above us. You will see us on the leaderboard with two 44.33's and one guy with a 44.34.

Quote Originally Posted by ESheets782 View Post
    Balance:
    Wedge & Bias:
    Front Bias: 50
    Left Bias: 52
    Wedge:

Front & Rear Sway Bar:
    Front: 800
    Rear: 0
    If you notice there is no number for the Wedge. So what should be this setting?

Quote Originally Posted by A RoyalKnight82 View Post
    If you notice there is no number for the Wedge. So what should be this setting?
    Do not adjust wedge. Do all the rest and just leave it where it ends up. It will change when doing the other adjustments. After patch we should then be able to work with wedge.

Do not adjust wedge. Do all the rest and just leave it where it ends up. It will change when doing the other adjustments. After patch we should then be able to work with wedge.
    What he said. Although I forgot to put the wedge, it should be at 50.2.

What he said. Although I forgot to put the wedge, it should be at 50.2.
    I realized both comments after putting in all of the adjustments. And since these are updated as of 12/20/12, I still bottom out in the corners. Both offline & online. My best time was 49.28 @ 195.95 mph.

So I am still wondering how much farther up I need to put the springs in order not to bottom out. As well as get a lower time.

Oh I almost forgot to add. I tried all of this with all of the assists turned off, WOW! did a 180 at the end of turn 4. So I turned everything back on except for the brake assist.

Sheets ive been trying to tweak your setup to run faster, the best i can get out of it is 197mph. times in the mid 48s.... low ride heights and soft springs make the car bottom.and what it looks like alot of people are trying is sucking down the rear of the car to get the spoiler out of the air.which will make it fast, but loose.and ive been messing around with different track gears (Mich B) seems to work the best.so my question is ...whats the key to 199-200mph?

The gears from Michigan are the same as the gears for Talladega. Anyone who keeps saying that they're different don't pay attention. People will only be able to take and do the 199-200 mph after 4-5 laps. That's how they're doing it.

low ride heights and soft springs make the car bottom.and what it looks like alot of people are trying is sucking down the rear of the car to get the spoiler out of the air.
    After looking at the setup I had posted above (I must've edited it in another thread) but I take the Front height at 8 and the rear to 7.5. That will stop the looseness.

best i could run was a 48:85 at 197mph, bottomed out alot so i bumped the rear springs up and it helped but i got slower. did 5 lap runs

[QUOTE=ESheets782;182813]The gears from Michigan are the same as the gears for Talladega. Anyone who keeps saying that they're different don't pay attention. People will only be able to take and do the 199-200 mph after 4-5 laps. That's how they're doing it.

Gears are the one thing that will not transfer. I have tried this. I loaded bristol setep for dega just to see. everything changed but gears are always going to be the to preset for that track. I had a brainstorm I thought and was going to load some 1 mile gears on a mile and a half track. Just won't let you do it.

You're correct about that, RCR. The gears adjust for every track regardless of where the setup is ran. The ONLY significant gain from tweaking the Dale JR for Daytona and Talladega is that the trackbars default setting is 4.5.

Setup has been updated 1-11-2013. The Rear Sway Bar has been adjusted.

Single Run: 48.08
    Draft (2 Cars): 45.67
    Last edited by ESheets782; 01-11-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Great setup ESheets782,I CHANGED RIGHT FRONT CASTER TO 0 QUALIFIED 47.9ALSO THE GEARS ARE DIFFERENT FROM TRACK TO TRACK .If you look at the gears when you load a specific track setup they look the same, test them and you will notice the difference.example use your setup with watkins glen just for fun.Will not shift to 4th gear until it hits 174mph.btw i do use Michigan Qualifying setup with yours and the track bar is preset to 4.7 .I appreciate you sharing your setups and advice and i will do the same .bigsway bar soft spring wont work at superspeedway tried ,can,t tie the front down puts too much drag on the rear spoiler.god I love testing ,the next tweak can always be the answer or just make you crazy yeah crazy

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Basskicker14
    Mrspeed excellent tip turned my car into a rocket bringing over the michigan setup I had to bring thw caster up a bit. Really appreciate rhe help you and esheets have provided. Its nice to see other people on here who are willing to help

Wedge

The gears from Michigan are the same as the gears for Talladega. Anyone who keeps saying that they're different don't pay attention. People will only be able to take and do the 199-200 mph after 4-5 laps. That's how they're doing it.

After looking at the setup I had posted above (I must've edited it in another thread) but I take the Front height at 8 and the rear to 7.5. That will stop the looseness.

What is your wedge setting ??

still way too loose

still way too loose

got down to 48.08 in online practice/ qualified @47.75 take all rebounds to 20.0 except right rear@35.0 front bumps @71.0 rear bumps @59 front springs 400 rear springs 250 used Michigan pre-set qualifying set-up .good luckand please let me know if it helped i'm on ps3 Mr.Speed 5150

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast