Thread: Few things.

Test Driver

Few things.

Few things here since the new sneak previews. Will we have commentary during the game? If so can we turn it off and just have the spotter,crew chief? Or is DW, MJ just part of the intro in career mode like announcers where in last year's game.

Also, Im not on twitter so i cant ask these questions but just wanted to kno if in the career or exhibition mode will you be able to practice after you qualify. I like'd how on last year's game, you could practice, save after qualifying and practice the next day, race the next day. Honestly, I use a wheel and i got a great in home race set up and i follow the season race by race in the one car that i choose. I race the full lenghtand it is great. I can watch practice and figure out things i need to do. I don't go all out and dog it every lap. I more less run my lines clean and give the A.I. its line. This is a great, fun, and realistic way of running these races.> NTG11 in my opinion is really tough and hard to stomach at times. If playing in a conservative realistic way from the cockpit, with a wheel. But still fun and a challenge once you get it handling descent.

I actually used the RGM#7 and ran the daytona race this year and by using real practice and qualifying times from the real NSCS race weekend, I judge my times and where i rank by the times in real life cause i race with the weekend. Saying that it doesnt always work like you would like it to. I even treated it as if i didnt qualify under a 134.966 or 59.11 and that was the last go or go homer time to beat. I didn't happy hour the next day or race. It's a humbling feeling but it makes for when you do make it, it feels really cool. The racing and pet stops in NTG11 are broken. I didnt even download patch #3 because i was scared it would make it worse but i do enjoy the game. > I just have to do it my way. Like running 40-50 lap races till we pit and restarting the race if it gets ridiculous and i race the 50 again. I even back out and run shorter laps to end it. I have been running Nascar 09 truck series and nationwide at a few tracks. Treating it like was ARCA and K&N series. Nascar 09 has a very fun driving style with the wheel and I hope NTG12's has a simular style to that game wheel.

All in all the power that you feel in the cars with the wheel in NTG11 was great but no dead space in the wheel is torture to the experience. If you pull the wheel a little to the right you go hard left it pull way hard left. You should be able to slightly rock your race wheel left and right and the car not jump out of lane. Then a pull fitting the style of your set up you make your corners high, middle or low. And please let us be able to race three, four wide without bouncing around. NTG11 was pretty good in the minus the obvious..... I am loving everything i see so far,,,,, The future looks bright for Eutechnyx.

Many of you will say, "man you are too serious about these games," But i have to say I'm 27 and this is the most i've had fun with racing games racing with the wheel. Nothing like missing a race and,,,,,,, I'll even play the role of a start and park with the 7. I base how many points i make againt the real live point standings. I've only made two races this year lol Like i said been on Nascar 09 more this year.

P.S. Make online great, but dont forget what made nascar and sports games what they are. OFFLINE. It's what made games, never forget that Eutech. Keep up the great work!!!
    I'm just trying to help.... Realism...

Test Driver
    thanks fisha forgot about this thread.. Long time no see lol i'm over being a jimmie hater since last time we spoke. I still think he gets the Peyton Manning, Tom Brady treatment but so did Jeff once upon a time

Test Driver
    Dave Thompson ‏@davet_etx
    @Tim_Kunkel: "Will the physics of#NTGILbe better than last years game,ex: Hitting the walls and spins?" Yes we've worked on that

Im sure there was time spent on the cornering for NTGIL and hopefully the violent push in the middle of the corners is gone for wheel users. Also straightaways and not being able to have some slack in the middle of the wheel. I noticed how you have to keep a slight pull to the wheel (which is normal on alot of most real setups) but when you let out of the throttle your car violently pulled to the right, which made running clean lines and not getting spun out by A.I. very difficult.

I liked on Nascar 09 how they achieved the ability to throw your car in the corner high or low and you could feel the car set in the corners. You would instantly know where your setup is and will be throughout the run.
    @bmblood10: "are you guys really not going to have damage off in the new game" The minimum level is cosmetic#NTGIL

This is my new scare for NTGIL. This above topic has me a little worried. I think the damage model has a chance to go over well this year. But I hope the damage is not as sensitive as most past games. They brag about how much damge these COTs or new style bodies can take. In other words I dont want to come out of turn 4 at Darlington and get some of the wall a couple of times and my left corner be all but missing. Or draft for fifty laps of 188 at Talladega and my bumper be missing a splitter and smashed in, scratched down to the grey. Im all for damage but if we can still have A.I. DNFs, and in-game DNFs for your car in the race "Can still blow a motor/cut a tire. I hope we can turn damage off. I always have turned it off. Hate seeing smashed up cars running in the top three.
    Q. Will there be in race commentary?
    A.
    There will be pre-race announcers in Career mode, but not during the race. We have added Crew Chief VO along with extra Spotter VO minus the hotdogs :-)

I saw on one post by davet. that said "Boogity, boogity, boogity," is in the game. No offense to D.W. but my main question that I'd like to know is can we turn that off as well as any in race commentary that might make it in NTGIL?

The All-Star Race is in the game (in career mode) Only offline
    From the confirmed features list thread, wanting to kno if the all-star, bud shootout etc will be available to play in exhibition and season mode offline also.

Expanded race weekend.------

New practice/qualifying setup editing features------

Also from the confirmed features list, i'm hoping this means we can set up how we want to set up our race weekend. Like having two practices before qualifying or qualifying and still having a happy hour practice afterwards. Also hope we can still save game after practices/qualifying.

Last edited by David Lee Flippo; 06-04-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: b67hse73
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lee Flippo View Post
    @bmblood10: "are you guys really not going to have damage off in the new game" The minimum level is cosmetic#NTGIL

This is my new scare for NTGIL. This above topic has me a little worried. I think the damage model has a chance to go over well this year. But I hope the damage is not as sensitive as most past games. They brag about how much damge these COTs or new style bodies can take. In other words I dont want to come out of turn 4 at Darlington and get some of the wall a couple of times and my left corner be all but missing. Or draft for fifty laps of 188 at Talladega and my bumper be missing a splitter and smashed in, scratched down to the grey.
    Been confirmed that it won't be as sensitive but I just wish that they're we're an option to have damage turned OFF like NTG11.
    Last edited by HMS48; 06-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Jimmie Johnson driver of the 48 Lowe's Daytona Yellow Chevrolet

Test Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HMS48 View Post
    Been confirmed that it won't be as sensitive but I jsut wish that they're we're an option to have damage turned OFF like NTG11.
    Yeah for shure. In a perfect world damage models in games would just not be as sensitive. If eutech hangs for the long haul they will get it perfect, they seem to be into the races they are going to, and learning how strong these chassis are compared to pre-COT chassis. I know ive heard DW say "Larry you can hit the wall in these things and I swear it makes'em better!" lol I hope they can add this (no damage) before release without taking away dnf, engine failures, A.I. cars dropping out after wrecks or engine failure. Leave that stuff in even with damage off.

At very few tracks do you see the top 25 finnishers with missing wings and bashed fenders. Gotta fix this one or make damage (hard to get) right?

Test Driver
    On the damage thing. It seems like taking a direct hit is the only way you get significant damage. Scrapes on the paint (but not too much), ripped/busted fenders from cut tire, but no body damage from bump drafting and scrubbing the wall

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

On the damage thing. It seems like taking a direct hit is the only way you get significant damage. Scrapes on the paint (but not too much), ripped/busted fenders from cut tire, but no body damage from bump drafting and scrubbing the wall
    I would like just scrapes from the wall instead of losing some of the body work.

Test Driver
    I really hope they figure this one out. One thing that ive always hated the most is changing features that dont need it. Simple solution would seem, "yeas you can turn damage off physical and cosmetic... And yes the A.I. and yourself can still blow tires and DNF all together..

Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CharlieFibrosis
    We are all a bit worried its natural that we feel this way as gamers/race fans. We saw 2011 and things needed to be fixed that should hopefully be fixed and not mess with anything that was good about the game. Obviously they are going to leak little tidbits of info but be so vague that either you are a new fan of the game and your pumped up or a returning gamer of this game and your on edge.

Trust me, I have high hopes for the new game, but after playing 2011 (mainly over the last couple of days) I am worried that I would get yanked around again. I am not asking for the game to be gold plated and cure all disease, but I do want a quality racing game that fits with the NASCAR fan and it is fair to control and as well as the AI gaining some "Intelligence" (to be honest I thought AI in 2011 meant "Artificial Idiot").

The new features like them gathering telemetry from drivers will hopefully make them quite smart but the thing I hope they fix is they are not driving like blind morons out there. I got bumped and spun around by so many drivers that it seemed like I was driving an invisible car. So they would be like, "Car to the inside, MOVE DOWN AND WRECK HIM! MWAHAHAHAHA!"

I know I am rambling a bit but simply this is this, we are worried about the next game after we got a lukewarm product last year and this is all natural as video gamers work.
    Dan Wheldon: 1978-2011, Dick Trickle 1941-2013, Jason Leffler 1975-2013
    “To me, the real heroes are the people who do worthwhile things without the thought of monetary gain” – Benny Parsons
    “I realized I better enjoy and appreciate and contribute as much as I can today because all of this could be gone tomorrow.” – Davey Allison

Test Driver
    All very true.. My wife proly had thoughts of leaving me after hearing my attempts at completing more than a few laps with the wheel. It got ridiculous to be honest but i kept in mind that this was their first run and it wasn't terrible but was pretty bad in the end. I didnt even download patch 3 because i read few post that said it possibly made it worse. I liked the challenge of making a lap and the performance of power you felt with the wheel was nice but consistent laps where hard to come by. The damage is probably a top 3 hardest thing to perfect item. That's not hard to imagine but making you deal with racing with krinkled up cars is not cool, mainly because we could turn it off before. If the damage was at a "you have to make like a 68 percent pressure direct hit to your car to get cosmetic damage," it might work but most nascar games have not got damage right, no biggie. Just let us turn cosmetic off. All other damage (interior/A.I.) is fine by me

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

I really hope they figure this one out. One thing that ive always hated the most is changing features that dont need it. Simple solution would seem, "yeas you can turn damage off physical and cosmetic... And yes the A.I. and yourself can still blow tires and DNF all together..
    I know it's bad and what I'm about to say won't matter, but, with the cosmetic automatically on, it'll force me to drive cleaner so I can see these awesome looking cars but I'm not happy bc the AI will get damage as well. Hopefully there'll be a patch or something for this.

Once agin, what was said may not but I tried.

*braces for bashing*

Test Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HMS48 View Post
    I know it's bad and what I'm about to say won't matter, but, with the cosmetic automatically on, it'll force me to drive cleaner so I can see these awesome looking cars but I'm not happy bc the AI will get damage as well. Hopefully there'll be a patch or something for this.

Once agin, what was said may not but I tried.

*braces for bashing*
    Once again, if the damage model is not sensitive, and the A.I. cars dont look like they just came out of a dirt late model race by lap 50,, Im all in!! But i use cockpit view and race full races. And the first time i race hard but clean and still have a damn hood popped up in my view all day, while pushing a car that has no bumper i will have to say, "eutech,,, come on!!!"