Talladega Online

HI, I know this has been posted numerous times, but with the new patch releases on 2/20 for xbox 360 I would like to know a good online setup for Talladega. I get confused on why the front ride height has to be set so high and why I can only top out at 195. I would like to be more competitive online and any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

~xBox Gamertag- MerMer113

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kykle2448
    Because the *ahem* "kind, generous, and helpful magicians" fail to say the rest of what to do to unlock the speeds that aren't even physically possible to begin with for a setup like that, but since I've yet to see any game get the laws of aerodynamics even close to correct, we're forced to deal with it. Both physically and theoretically, the car would actually attempt to lift off the ground with a front height that high and rear that low, but it never will because too much air to the rear end. What would happen is that the rear wheels would lose a high amount of grip and actually throw the rear end of the car around the second you went into turn 3, just coming from the pits. But due to the games physics, the rear wheels still keep grip, although the car is still extremely loose, which I can probably guarantee that you have felt already doing that. If you want to unlock the speeds that they're getting, you're going to have to delve into the rest of the car, primarily in the springs and shocks. They'll tell you just mess with the ride height and tire pressures, but I believe they should be slapped upside the head so hard they go back to elementary school. If you want some help, add me on XBL and I'll help you on Saturday if you can do it, and I'll take you pretty deep down the rabbit hole. If you doubt that, look at my signature. I'm pretty sure you'll find that I know what I'm talking about, compared to the "magicians".

It seems like all of the NASCAR games have been the same when it comes to setting up a superspeedway car (High front, low rear). In some type of aspect, you do want to get the rear out of the air on restrictor plate tracks whereas on speedways, you want the rear up as high as you can get it (without being loose) and the front planted down on the ground.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Well there's plenty of other ways to get the spoiler out of the air without raising the ride height. They do it all the time out on the track. But because there's never been a game that has gotten the laws of aerodynamics correct (sorry to say, but even iRacing doesn't have them correct), and probably never will, I'm stuck to see this kind of uninformed "advice" being given. Quite frankly, it pisses me off to see people say "Oh, just do this and you'll be fine" when they should know damn well that's way more than just "this one thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Kykle2448 View Post
    Well there's plenty of other ways to get the spoiler out of the air without raising the ride height. They do it all the time out on the track. But because there's never been a game that has gotten the laws of aerodynamics correct (sorry to say, but even iRacing doesn't have them correct), and probably never will, I'm stuck to see this kind of uninformed "advice" being given. Quite frankly, it pisses me off to see people say "Oh, just do this and you'll be fine" when they should know damn well that's way more than just "this one thing."
    The ride heights have a little to do with it but not 100%. The one thing I never have understood is the ability to make a traditional race setup, and also a coil-bind setup within the game. I thought that wasn't supposed to be functional anymore but apparently...it can still be done.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The ride heights don't make a lick of difference if you don't touch the springs lol. What are you referring to though when you mention coil bind? I'm not familiar with that reference.

Talladega Online

I can run 198 by myself. Use Michigan gears

Quote Originally Posted by Kykle2448 View Post
    The ride heights don't make a lick of difference if you don't touch the springs lol. What are you referring to though when you mention coil bind? I'm not familiar with that reference.
    http://bump-drafts.com/2010/01/12/na...nd-bump-stops/

Well, can I get the Michigan setup? I really appreciate the advice guys. It just looks very odd when the front is jacked way up and it makes the rear of the skirts bottom out occasionally. Thanks

~xBox Gamertag- MerMer113

Also just informing I'm using a controller and is there a difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 setups?

~Xbox Gamertag- MerMer113

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MerMer113 View Post
    Also just informing I'm using a controller and is there a difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 setups?

~Xbox Gamertag- MerMer113
    Yes, there is quite a difference between the two systems. And I know what you're talking about now Sheets. I just didn't know it by that name.

Thanks for all the help guys, I got down to 48.78 in a practice run.

~Xbox Gamertag - MerMer113