Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel

    Hello All. Just a quick question. I use the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel and i have to keep the wheel turned against the banks of the tracks. Is this normal? Kinda sucks because when the races start online the car wants to move to the inside and it causes problems. Any info appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,138
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Kykle2448
    Check your settings. I have that too and use 0% Deadzone, 100% sensitivities, and no assists with a manual transmission. If you haven't changed the deadzone, I would suggest doing that, and if you have it up, turn down the steering assist. There is no need for steering assist with that wheel to begin with.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NhraRacer View Post
    Hello All. Just a quick question. I use the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel and i have to keep the wheel turned against the banks of the tracks. Is this normal? Kinda sucks because when the races start online the car wants to move to the inside and it causes problems. Any info appreciated. Thanks
    It's normal on all wheels for the car to turn left on the straights because it's how it works in real life. iRacing does it too.
    • Xbox Live Gmaertag- DesotellRacin62
    • XSRA Co-President and driver
    • SRLA President/Founder/Driver

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,138
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Kykle2448
    Quote Originally Posted by DesotellRacing62 View Post
    It's normal on all wheels for the car to turn left on the straights because it's how it works in real life. iRacing does it too.
    You're correct, but two things. The steering assist deters that from happening. On some wheels, much like this one, that assist just hurts with it on. And then when sensitivity is increased for steering on this wheel, that stagger almost becomes negated. The wheel he has is a free floating wheel that isn't fixed. As long as he's used to it, he can find his normal spot that he can comfortably hold it for around the entire track. At Daytona and Talladega, two of the worst stagger tracks because the length you have to fight it, my wheel stays just *slightly* cocked to the right. But if you wouldn't have known that, you could look and think I was holding it straight. And then in the corners, I *slightly* turn to the left and barely move it to adjust my lines. People who've seen me race with it wonder if I'm even turning the wheel to begin with. So once again, yes you are correct, but at the same time, with this wheel, it can be overcome very easily if you know your settings.

  5. #5
    Thanks for the input. I will try the 0 dead zone. I don't use any of the assists. Is there a way to adjust outside dead zone? I feel like i have to spin my arms almost all the way around to get full turn. lol

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,138
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Kykle2448
    There's only one deadzone for this game. If you're turning the wheel that much, then you may either work on the lines you drive or start figuring out some setups to get the car more comfortable and controllable for you to drive.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kykle2448 View Post
    There's only one deadzone for this game. If you're turning the wheel that much, then you may either work on the lines you drive or start figuring out some setups to get the car more comfortable and controllable for you to drive.
    Thanks man. I do good with road course setups, but banked tracks i am sure take staggered setups. Any database for setups?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,138
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Kykle2448
    Not that I know of off the top of my head...

  9. #9

  10. #10
    My wife ordered me up a complete Fanatec wheel, pedals and csl racing cockpit form Fanatec today. Tired of fighting that speed wheel. lol. Hope i can get a better feel of the tracks now.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Princeton, West Virginia
    Age
    19
    Posts
    252
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TlathamXmahtalT PSN ID: TlathamXmahtalT XFIRE ID: TlathamXmahtalT Steam ID: TlathamXmahtalT
    Nice choice on the Fanatec wheel and pedals. I got my Fanatec CSR Steering wheel with the elite pedals (with an inversion kit), and two shifters (I use the H pattern, though it comes with a sequential as well) last Thursday and have them set up for NR2003, NTG:IL (which isn't a good fit for the wheel), rFactor, Forza Motorsport 4, DiRT 3, F1 2012, and whenever I get it, iRacing. The wheel also works incredibly well with Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

    I got a metal table clamp which I didn't know that there was already a "clamping" device attached to the wheel. I guess I'll use the metal clamp for whenever I build a cockpit.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by xKylex18xBuschx View Post
    Nice choice on the Fanatec wheel and pedals. I got my Fanatec CSR Steering wheel with the elite pedals (with an inversion kit), and two shifters (I use the H pattern, though it comes with a sequential as well) last Thursday and have them set up for NR2003, NTG:IL (which isn't a good fit for the wheel), rFactor, Forza Motorsport 4, DiRT 3, F1 2012, and whenever I get it, iRacing. The wheel also works incredibly well with Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

    I got a metal table clamp which I didn't know that there was already a "clamping" device attached to the wheel. I guess I'll use the metal clamp for whenever I build a cockpit.

    Thanks. Sounds cool. Can't wait to get the wheel setup and run some laps.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •