Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB9931 View Post
    1) A photo finish mode for online or single player races. Have a snapshot that you can save to remember those close finishes.
    2) Fan view cam. Take photos from the grandstand area of the race action.
    3) Drive into victory lane to celebrate.
    4) Wreck avoidance challenges.
    5) A history of your online races with gamertags so you can remember who you had a good race experience with and who you want to avoid.
    6) Driver related avatar clothing. Firesuits, t-shirts, helmets?
    I like #3 and #6. I don't like seeing a blank firesuit and helmet everytime I win

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jlogano20
    Quote Originally Posted by AAROdynamic426 View Post
    -

- No yellow-line rule, if only because it would be the next Illegal-Pit-Road-Entry fiasco. What if you go down there to avoid a crash? How would the game be able to tell?
    THIS is what im worried will happen
    Go Joey "Sliced Bread" Logano!! Driver of the #22 Shell-Pennzoil/AAA Ford Fusion & #22 Discount Tires/Hertz Ford Mustang for Penske Racing
    10 2012 Wins/4 2013 Wins/ 1 2014 Win

Debris cautions, trash on the grill, realistic tire blowouts/shredding the car, and online leagues/dynasties that are fully customizable at anytime.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3186-4030-9865-8784
    Debris flying off the car with damage not just denting the car, your choise of pot stalls depending on where you quilify, able to go to the inside of the track, able to start driving when the leader starts not when you cross the finish line, safer barrier and catch fence getting damage when they get hit, able to see smoke during multiplayer and rewinds, all cars doing practice at the same time not just about 15, able to drive on pit road, able to push gas pedal as much as you want not 100% or 0% same with breaks, and physics for all cars not just the ones around you like how if there is a wreck next to you they don't just have physics until they get 20 feet from you then hit 15 cars and they all stop immeadiantly instead of wrecking

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: b67hse73
    Quote Originally Posted by Super14fan View Post
    Debris flying off the car with damage not just denting the car, your choise of pot stalls depending on where you quilify, able to go to the inside of the track, able to start driving when the leader starts not when you cross the finish line, safer barrier and catch fence getting damage when they get hit, able to see smoke during multiplayer and rewinds, all cars doing practice at the same time not just about 15, able to drive on pit road, able to push gas pedal as much as you want not 100% or 0% same with breaks, and physics for all cars not just the ones around you like how if there is a wreck next to you they don't just have physics until they get 20 feet from you then hit 15 cars and they all stop immeadiantly instead of wrecking
    -Debris will fly off the car but no debris cautions.
    -You will not be able to pick your stall.
    -You will not be able to start in the restart box but restarts will be more realistic.
    -The SaFER Barrier will be less flexible and the catchfence won't get damage.
    -I'm guessing no smoke bc there's already 43 cars for multiplayer and it gets worse with rewinds.
    -All cars will practice if the AI do choose so.
    -Aren't you 100% in NTG11...?
    -The physics for all the cars on track will be much improved.

Jimmie Johnson driver of the 48 Lowe's Daytona Yellow Chevrolet

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HMS48 View Post
    -Debris will fly off the car but no debris cautions.
    -You will not be able to pick your stall.
    -You will not be able to start in the restart box but restarts will be more realistic.
    -The SaFER Barrier will be less flexible and the catchfence won't get damage.
    -I'm guessing no smoke bc there's already 43 cars for multiplayer and it gets worse with rewinds.
    -All cars will practice if the AI do choose so.
    -Aren't you 100% in NTG11...?
    -The physics for all the cars on track will be much improved.
    No I'm saying I don't want 100% or 0%

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

No I'm saying I don't want 100% or 0%
    Then yes. The throttle map is improved.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

That's pretty cool

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saints Razor
    The correct paint schemes for all the provided ones

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KKFan5 View Post
    You mean for career or for single player with the schemes from real life?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KKFan5 View Post
    EUT has to make them like the team/driver/sponsor say.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CharlieFibrosis
    ONE BIG THING! I was just running at phoenix with a VERY loose car. Spun it out and slammed on the brakes. Now here is the wishlist item:

PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T ASSIGN THE BRAKE PEDAL AND THE REVERSE ON THE SAME BUTTON!

Do you know how frusturating and difficult it is to stop your car in a spin. When I lose it I like to keep my foot on the brake for a moment or so to realign myself and not have to worry about merging back onto on-comming traffic in reverse. Please put Triangle down as reverse or give us the option. The way I play my racing games on the Playstation are

X = Gas
    [] = Brake
    /\ = Reverse
    O = Change View
    L analog stick = steer
    R analog stick = either gas/brake moving it back and forth, or look around, or even not having a function
    L1, L2, R1, R2 = depending on how I feel these buttons are used for manual shifting.

These are the my own personal button assignments for when I play so still leave it with complete user customization, but just take the reverse button and turn it into a separate button rather than combined with the brake.

A couple of other things,

1. When you do the Slow Down feature or Brake feature do this instead if you can. Take a look at maybe NASCAR Thunder 2003. If you had the Assist Brake feature turned on there would only be a bit of flashing near the tachometer saying that it was helping you slow down. If we are having problems entering a turn then either, A. let the driver figure it out or B) use a more SUBTLE APPROACH rather than flashing a big red dot on your screen.

2. WORKING REAR VIEW MIRROR

3. More time for the burnouts and more smoke

4. With 2 player qualifying just make the opposing player (ex Player 1 and vice versa for Player 2) invisible and ghost like. You can see a computer generated paint scheme but you just don't crash into the opposing qualifier.
    Last edited by Charlie Fibrosis; 06-05-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Dan Wheldon: 1978-2011, Dick Trickle 1941-2013, Jason Leffler 1975-2013
    “To me, the real heroes are the people who do worthwhile things without the thought of monetary gain” – Benny Parsons
    “I realized I better enjoy and appreciate and contribute as much as I can today because all of this could be gone tomorrow.” – Davey Allison

Quote Originally Posted by JB9931 View Post
    1) A photo finish mode for online or single player races. Have a snapshot that you can save to remember those close finishes.

They sort of had that in NTG11. After the race, you can go into Race Replay, and fast forward to the end, I don't know what button if would be for Xbox360, (Square for PS3) but click the button it says on the menu at the bottom of the screen, that says "Photo Mode" and you can take a picture of the photo finish.
    #RIPDan77 Boston Strong

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I don't want this it was just in my mind so I'll say it
    what about bugs and garbage getting on the windshield over time

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Fibrosis View Post
    ONE BIG THING! I was just running at phoenix with a VERY loose car. Spun it out and slammed on the brakes. Now here is the wishlist item:

PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T ASSIGN THE BRAKE PEDAL AND THE REVERSE ON THE SAME BUTTON!

Do you know how frusturating and difficult it is to stop your car in a spin. When I lose it I like to keep my foot on the brake for a moment or so to realign myself and not have to worry about merging back onto on-comming traffic in reverse. Please put Triangle down as reverse or give us the option. The way I play my racing games on the Playstation are

X = Gas
    [] = Brake
    /\ = Reverse
    O = Change View
    L analog stick = steer
    R analog stick = either gas/brake moving it back and forth, or look around, or even not having a function
    L1, L2, R1, R2 = depending on how I feel these buttons are used for manual shifting.

These are the my own personal button assignments for when I play so still leave it with complete user customization, but just take the reverse button and turn it into a separate button rather than combined with the brake.

A couple of other things,

1. When you do the Slow Down feature or Brake feature do this instead if you can. Take a look at maybe NASCAR Thunder 2003. If you had the Assist Brake feature turned on there would only be a bit of flashing near the tachometer saying that it was helping you slow down. If we are having problems entering a turn then either, A. let the driver figure it out or B) use a more SUBTLE APPROACH rather than flashing a big red dot on your screen.

2. WORKING REAR VIEW MIRROR

3. More time for the burnouts and more smoke

4. With 2 player qualifying just make the opposing player (ex Player 1 and vice versa for Player 2) invisible and ghost like. You can see a computer generated paint scheme but you just don't crash into the opposing qualifier.
    1. Been confirmed that the brake and reverse will be the same button.

2. They've done some work with the rear view camera and it'll be in. We just have to see how it handles.

3. You'll have unlimited time for burnouts. You decide when to stop.

4. But wouldn't that take away for the excitement of not knowing how you qualified against an opponent? Like with seeing a ghost, you'll see who your trying to beat and it just won't feel right.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

One other thing, I don't know how far along they are with the camera in Chase view but here is what I have to say.

Okay visualize this, you are running as yourself at Las Vegas and Jimmie Johnson gets under you and passes. Now at least when I am racing and I think it is a common reaction to follow the leader with your eyes and run his same line. Here is the problem, when you are going into the turn your eyes are fixated on the leader and it is like someone is pulling on your temple (since the cars are turning left my left temple bothers me).

Simply the "Swooping" or "bending with the corner" of the camera angle is irritating. I don't know if the camera is sitting at a center fixated point and holding it there (ex, NASCAR Thunder 2003) or if it a dynamic camera and this was built more for the experiance. I know this may be hard to understand but pop in maybe NASCAR 09 in your PS3 or Xbox and run some laps at maybe Vegas and then play NASCAR 2011 and you will see what I am talking about.

To illustrate the point even further here are videos that could support my claim

“To me, the real heroes are the people who do worthwhile things without the thought of monetary gain” – Benny Parsons
    “I realized I better enjoy and appreciate and contribute as much as I can today because all of this could be gone tomorrow.” – Davey Allison

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I'm pretty sure that this has already been posted somewhere but I haven't found it so does anyone know if there will be competition cautions like how they are in real life

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

I'm pretty sure that this has already been posted somewhere but I haven't found it so does anyone know if there will be competition cautions like how they are in real life
    There won't be competition caution bc there's no rain...

Well that's not the main reason but it's been confirmed that their won't be competition cautions.

There have been many good suggestions for NTG:IL, however, I do believe it might be time to move on from here and start suggesting things for future releases, and let them focus more perfecting what they have now before release. So, my suggestions are geared toward the future releases and not so much NTG: IL. I know some of these have already been beat to death, but I’m going to add them anyway.
    1. Full race weekend.
    2. Realistic AI, that doesn’t break check every straightaway or run single file.
    3. Everything race related needs to be right and bug free, such as cautions, and all current rules.
    4. Full control of car, with option for those that don’t want it.
    5. Pit stops that actually work, (green flag and yellow flag stops)
    6. Adjustable rearview mirror, that actually works.
    7. Interactive Crew Chief that can make adjustments to your car based on you inputs on how its handling, as well as tire temps from previous runs. Also can make intelligent decisions on what to do based on the current race situation, for example, if we have a green flag stop with 20 to go, he could make necessary changes to the car to make it perform better on a short run. This would help people such as me that would just like to drive and not worry about what to do.
    8. Reliable spotter that I can depend on doing their job.
    9. Mid race saves. I love running full races, but I have a wife and kids, so sitting for 3+ hours to finish a race will never happen for me. (Nascar 2008 for PS2 spoiled me on this)
    10. Pit stop practice mode, that times the entrance lap, actual pit stop and exit lap, broken down into sector’s so that we know what are weak areas are. (You know the one they show every week where Kyle Busch smokes everyone.)

Well, that’s my top ten wish list for future releases, one can only hope.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar Redneck View Post
    There have been many good suggestions for NTG:IL, however, I do believe it might be time to move on from here and start suggesting things for future releases, and let them focus more perfecting what they have now before release. So, my suggestions are geared toward the future releases and not so much NTG: IL. I know some of these have already been beat to death, but I’m going to add them anyway.
    1. Full race weekend.
    2. Realistic AI, that doesn’t break check every straightaway or run single file.
    3. Everything race related needs to be right and bug free, such as cautions, and all current rules.
    7. Interactive Crew Chief that can make adjustments to your car based on you inputs on how its handling, as well as tire temps from previous runs. Also can make intelligent decisions on what to do based on the current race situation, for example, if we have a green flag stop with 20 to go, he could make necessary changes to the car to make it perform better on a short run. This would help people such as me that would just like to drive and not worry about what to do.
    9. Mid race saves. I love running full races, but I have a wife and kids, so sitting for 3+ hours to finish a race will never happen for me. (Nascar 2008 for PS2 spoiled me on this)
    10. Pit stop practice mode, that times the entrance lap, actual pit stop and exit lap, broken down into sector’s so that we know what are weak areas are. (You know the one they show every week where Kyle Busch smokes everyone.)

I love these suggestions, especially the crew chief idea and the mid race saves.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar Redneck View Post
    1. Full race weekend.

(Welcome to the forums by the way, now back to my post) THIS! THIS! THIS!

Your ideas are brilliant even though many have been mentioned in the past. I will be honest, all depending on if the games are released on the current third generation consoles (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii) or the fourth generation (PS4, Xbox 5th gen, Wii U) could these ideas be incoprerated. With number 7 it somewhat reminds me of NASCAR 2006 Total Team Control (a pretty good game in my opinion) but it seems that your idea incoperates more and more in depth of that. Hopefully if this idea was incoperated in 2013 or so on for the PS3 hopefully the mic will still work. I really like your ideas and as I stated originally, welcome to the forums.

agreed
    from what i read the game should be very close to going to activision for testing and ironing bugs. so i say the wishing is over. i hope anyway.
    lets let them get this game finished hopefully a very big improvement over what we have. then they continue to listen to us and make minor tweeks for future games.
    on that note if all is true of what they say and made all these improvements then i feel they are on the right track and we will have a pretty descent game and continue to get better in the years to come.
    "Yeah but I parked your team mate" HARVICK to HAMLIN

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xpox SUCKS PSN ID: Pizentu_DeWind
    I think it would be cool if Eutechnyx made a Fantasy track or two. You could race it in Quick Race mode or online.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Fibrosis View Post
    (Welcome to the forums by the way, now back to my post) THIS! THIS! THIS!

Your ideas are brilliant even though many have been mentioned in the past. I will be honest, all depending on if the games are released on the current third generation consoles (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii) or the fourth generation (PS4, Xbox 5th gen, Wii U) could these ideas be incoprerated. With number 7 it somewhat reminds me of NASCAR 2006 Total Team Control (a pretty good game in my opinion) but it seems that your idea incoperates more and more in depth of that. Hopefully if this idea was incoperated in 2013 or so on for the PS3 hopefully the mic will still work. I really like your ideas and as I stated originally, welcome to the forums.
    Thanks for the welcome, glad to finally be a part of the community. I think all of my suggestions were redundant to some point, I just think the more they here it the more they will understand what is wanted, at least by me anyway.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    I think it would be cool if Eutechnyx made a Fantasy track or two. You could race it in Quick Race mode or online.
    Ya. Wouldn't be bad just to add a couple but I'm sure there would be complaints of "WOW you guys couldn't add more than just 2? Impressive"

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast