3 Steering wheel bugs

My steering wheel: Ferrari GT Experience

Bug 1

Problem Area: Game

Problem Mode: Offline, any mode.

Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit

Describe The Issue: The game thinks I'm pressing down on my throttle when I go on track when I'm not. The speedo goes up to half way on gear 1 and the car crawls along.

Bug 2

Describe The Issue: The game thinks my throttle is my brake and my brake is my throttle.

Bug 3

Describe The Issue: There is no dead zone option so I have to turn my wheel half way to move the slightest bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Motsew View Post
    My steering wheel: Ferrari GT Experience

Bug 3

Describe The Issue: There is no dead zone option so I have to turn my wheel half way to move the slightest bit.
    Actually there are specific steering wheel settings, but they aren't right in your face so you might miss them. In the controller settings there is a left and right option to get more settings. On my DFGT it was automatically mapped to the left and right bumper buttons. Two steps (I think) to the right there are sensitivity and deadzone settings.

Cheers,
    Trevor
    Co-host of the iRacing Today Radio Show. Your source for weekly iRacing news, tips, and first hand experiences.
    http://www.iracingtodayradio.com

Team Captain

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RedWingsRule14 PSN ID: AERL_RCN_24 XFIRE ID: redwingsrule14 Steam ID: redwings_etx
    Thanks, sounds like an axis binding issue. Does your wheel work properly on other games?

I *think* that if the wheel is detected as a controller, he doesn't get those options. I have seen other posts about users' wheels not being recognized as wheels, but as a gamepad instead--and with a gamepad you only have vibration/gas/brake sensitivity. Not the regular steering sensitivity that you get with a wheel axis.

That theory would also make sense with the dead zone issue, as the default gamepad dead zone would be horrendous on a wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsRule View Post
    Thanks, sounds like an axis binding issue. Does your wheel work properly on other games?
    Yeah, I have no problems with it on other games.

Quote Originally Posted by iRacing Today View Post
    Actually there are specific steering wheel settings, but they aren't right in your face so you might miss them. In the controller settings there is a left and right option to get more settings. On my DFGT it was automatically mapped to the left and right bumper buttons. Two steps (I think) to the right there are sensitivity and deadzone settings.

Cheers,
    Trevor
    I can see Acceleration and brake sensitivity, but no dead zone option for steering

Quote Originally Posted by RockjawMcGraw View Post
    I *think* that if the wheel is detected as a controller, he doesn't get those options. I have seen other posts about users' wheels not being recognized as wheels, but as a gamepad instead--and with a gamepad you only have vibration/gas/brake sensitivity. Not the regular steering sensitivity that you get with a wheel axis.

That theory would also make sense with the dead zone issue, as the default gamepad dead zone would be horrendous on a wheel.
    Is there an option to fix this?

Not that I know of. I'm sure a ETX staffer can chime in, but if it's detected as a controller and not a wheel, the only fix would be for them to add support for that wheel to detect it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RockjawMcGraw View Post
    Not that I know of. I'm sure a ETX staffer can chime in, but if it's detected as a controller and not a wheel, the only fix would be for them to add support for that wheel to detect it properly.
    Ok cheers

Edit: Deadzone settings are now showing after reinstalling the drivers for the steering wheel. Hopefully this will fix a few problems
    Last edited by Motsew; 06-19-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Ok so it fixed most of my problems, but now my car just wants to turn left 100% of the time. I actually need to turn right to go left, otherwise I would just be going towards the grass