Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Grazuole

NASCAR '14 - Thoughts and Ideas

With NTG: IL and 2013 out of the way and receiving what will likely be the final DLC/patches that they’ll get. I’ve had quite a few threads in the last year of suggestions for the future game, and I’m gonna try and make this the last one. This is “NASCAR '14 - Thoughts and Ideas”.

I’m going to start with racing physics and mechanics, and it’ll largely be based off a past thread of mine…

First, I'll talk about drafting. With this game I think a lot of people were hopeful for pack racing, even with the 2012 cars. We didn't get that. After a lap everybody is in tandems or pairs of tandems and it's basically 21 tandems and an unlucky car going around the track. I've had very few finishes at Daytona or Talladega where the finish picture I took legitimately looked like a pack finish, to do that I basically have to be leading and be blocking every lane to slow them down. I think that, especially with the new Gen 6 car, tandems should be taken off, to the extent that in real life tandems only work for a lap or two, and generally cars stay in a pack. The 2013 challenges did a good job using telemetry data to recreate that pack, but I'll talk a little bit more about that in the next paragraph. Basically cars should be perfectly capable of reaching their maximum speed without BUMP drafting, just normal drafting like they did with the Gen 4 car.

Next, I want to talk about driving lines, and specifically plate tracks. Strangely, drivers will use the outside on straightaways, then either the outside or inside in the turns. If you watch a real life plate race, the winner often blocks the INSIDE lane, if someone took the outside lane they'd be an idiot, in real life anyways. But basically the AI prioritizes the outside lane, then the next furthest lane to the outside, and so on. The only way a car will go to the absolute inside down the back stretch is if they're pushing you and you slowly move down. Another is Dover, the outside lane stays so far to the outside I can literally gain 6+ positions in the first two turns by going in between the two lanes. I say we use the telemetry data as the BASE to programming the driving lines, which would make it cool to see different drivers driving their preferred lines at any given track.

Also, fix setups. The two main things I want to yell about is how we can have our tire pressures at 12 and run unbelievable times and not shred the tires, and how lifting the front end of the car somehow makes us faster at plate tracks because "it takes the spoiler out of the air" which is dumb. If you look in real life, they basically run their front end as low as they can to where the splitter is hardly above the ground. I also think the default setups should be a bit better, because some of them just suck. Either that or make a "Driver Pro Setup" for EVERY track, that will be purchasable in career mode. Here's some good ones.

Daytona - Danica Patrick
    Martinsville - Jeff Gordon
    Homestead-Miami - Carl Edwards
    Talladega - Kurt Busch
    Darlington - Matt Kenseth
    Watkins Glen – Marcos Ambrose
    Bristol – Kyle Busch
    Dover – Jimmie Johnson
    Sonoma – Kurt Busch

Another one I want to talk about is car contact. More often than not when you attempt a bump and run move on another car, they'll stay in their lane like a rock, I'm not even talking about the telemetry challenges, I'm talking about any random career race. I want to refer to a 2010 Martinsville finish, on the very last restart we were seeing the bump and run displayed over and over to the win.

I also want to say that cars should be more aggressive for the win. Literally if you're the front car and an AI is pushing you, they won't try at all to slingshot for the win. Cars won't bump you out for the win or intentionally spin/wreck you. It's kind of boring. All you have to do is block the specific driving line they take and you win.

Cars should also be able to flip easier, especially in a high-speed spin where the rear end gets air under it. I know it doesn't happen often but even with the Gen 6 car we saw Kurt Busch prove to us that you can flip a Gen 6 car. As such, DNFing should be easier, I've flipped and gone on to win the race, shouldn't happen. With full damage, I think engine damages too easily front bumps etc, but the car should be totaled from other things like flips.

Just a few things I wanted to point out that I feel would make the racing more realistic. Also, could we possibly do anything with telemetry data to help "mimic" amazing finishes like the 2012 Watkins Glen finish on a semi-regular basis? I don't mean in challenges, I mean that in career mode the AI will drive off-line to make up as much ground and as much time as they can to win the race, like if it was done on lap 5. Imagine Marcos and Brad sliding through the grass on lap 5, would be kind of stupid if it wasn't for the win, AI should really try hard to win it. I'm sure I don't have to put it here, because everyone has seen it and knows how awesome it is, but just in case, here's a fun video with Brad and Marcos talking about that finish:

Okay… Next up is all about career mode.

What would you guys think of multiple primary sponsors? Yes, it is a thing. Most of you probably know, but primary sponsors buy their spot by race, or they’ll buy a set number of races that will be met in a season. I think a “Silly Season” period in between seasons would allow us to sign sponsors and they would give a maximum number of races they can appear for. On top of having, say, up to three primaries, you could make two schemes per sponsor, since we can now make schemes, and then assign the schemes to a race, so those of us who want to stay true to NASCAR can make a NASCAR Unites Scheme for the Charlotte and Daytona patriotic races.

Primary sponsors not being displayed on a certain scheme should be assigned to the next best spot, being the side or rear of the cars.

This one is a bit of a longshot, but being hired by other teams. We know many teams that either have a number open or could potentially have a retiring driver. We could then assume the position of driver and not owner. Jeff Gordon is retiring soon, eh? So who takes the #24? Nobody, I think they’ll renumber to another number Hendrick Motorsports owns, the #25, then you could become teammates with Junior, Johnson, and Kahne.

Paint schemes. Do I have to say more? I think every NASCAR Unites paint scheme has to be in the game for Charlotte and Daytona, any paint scheme that won a race should be in and obviously the more popular drivers should have more of their schemes put in. I mean, let’s be honest, nobody cares about Travis Kvapil, but many people care about Danica or Junior, NASCAR’s top-2 popular drivers. Another thing about paint schemes, assign them to appear by race, not by track, and be more consistent with it, in season mode if you pick a scheme that scheme is used for like 90% of the races. Assign each scheme to MULTIPLE races, not just one, because right now every scheme is guaranteed to appear at only one track (up to two/three races).

As far as upgrades go, I have no complaints. It should be the same as it is. We have Engine, Transmission, Chassis, and Brakes. Also, I loved the development packs. Make it so you have to maintain cars and maybe if you blow an engine or ruin your brakes at Martinsville/a road course you have to buy a replacement set.

Pit boxes should be assigned somewhat based on qualifying, and the first stall should truly give an advantage that we earn. The race schedule should be in more of a calendar format like Dirt to Daytona had. So in the future, when we have more than one series, we see which races overlap and have to pick between them.

AI should DNF easier, although I must admit. I see some strange DNFs from time to time. Stewart was pushing Kenseth in my career mode and Kenseth’s engine blew up. Bringing up this, I also want to say that damage should be more consistent. How can I still drive after slamming the wall front first at 180 mph but then scraping the wall at 80 mph coming off the corner at Martinsville completely shreds the right side of my car, Darlington stripes look more like a Darlington explosion.

Also on the topic of sponsors. We need more of them, with NTG: IL’s release, within the first few days we quickly realized everyone was getting the same primaries and many of the same secondaries. I’ve gotta say it, but we really do need 30+ primaries to make it feel more individual when we get the schemes.

Another big thing people want is a career statistics. Dirt to Daytona had an Almanac with quite a bit of data, including points finish, money earned, Top 5s, 10s, how many wins or DNFs and poles. But I want to take it a step further, the names of which races you won in each given year. There should also be separate sections for important wins like the Brickyard 400 or Daytona 500. A trophy room would be nice, and I thought of something. Maybe they would appear in the garage like how in NTG: IL we can buy garage decorations, many of which were associated with a race.

For pit stops, instead of getting some low-level crew to wear those fancy connecter things that copy their movements, put those on a pit crew that’s in a Cup race, and use all of their pit stops in the race, so you’d have two tires, four tire, no tire stops, and maybe even a pit mistake or two. It would give us a real time frame pit stop along with the occasional mistake.
    Last edited by BlueDuece3177; 12-02-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Edited for New Game Title

Banned
    Gamer IDs

NASCAR 2014 Cup Paint Schemes

49 Cars

#1 Jamie McMurray: McDonald's, Cessna,
    #2 Brad Keselowski: Blue Deuce, Blue Deuce White Variation,
    #3 Austin Dillon: Cheerios, Dow
    #4 Kevin Harvick: Jimmy John’s, Outback Steakhouse,
    #5 Kasey Kahne: Pepsi MAX, Farmers, Great Clips, Time Warner Cable,
    #7 Michael Annett: Flying J,
    #9 Marcos Ambrose: Stanley, DeWalt, Mac Tools,
    #10 Danica Patrick: GoDaddy.com, Aspen Dental,
    #11 Denny Hamlin: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Office, SportsClips,
    #12 Ryan Blaney/Juan Pablo Montoya?:
    #13 Casey Mears: Geico,
    #14 Tony Stewart: Code 3 Associates, Mobil1, Bass Pro Shops, Rush Truck Centers,
    #15 Clint Bowyer: 5-Hour Energy, Peak,
    #16 Greg Biffle: 3M, American Red Cross, Meguiars,
    #17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: Nationwide Insurance, NOS, Zest, Fifth-Third Bank,
    #18 Kyle Busch: M&M’s, Interstate Batteries, DoubleMint, Snickers,
    #19 Mike Bliss:
    #20 Matt Kenseth: Dollar General, Home Depot/Husky Tools,
    #21 Trevor Bayne: Motorcraft/Quick Lane,
    #22 Joey Logano: Shell-Pennzoil, AAA Insurance, Hertz,
    #24 Jeff Gordon: Pepsi MAX, Drive to End Hunger, Axalta
    #26 Cole Whitt:
    #27 Paul Menard: Menard’s,
    #30 Parker Kilgerman:
    #31 Ryan Newman: Quicken Loans, Caterpillar, Wix Filters,
    #32 Terry Labonte:
    #33 Brian Scott/Ty Dillon?: Shore Lodge (Brian Scott),
    #34 David Ragan: Taco Bell,
    #36 J.J. Yeley:
    #38 David Gilliland:
    #40 Landon Cassill:
    #41 Kurt Busch: Haas Automation,
    #42 Kyle Larson: Target,
    #43 Aric Almirola: Smithfield/Made In America, Air Force, STP,
    #44 Scott Riggs:
    #47 A.J. Allmendinger:
    #48 Jimmie Johnson: Lowe’s White, Kobalt Tools,
    #51 Justin Allgaier:
    #55 Brian Vickers: Aaron’s Dream Machine,
    #66 Michael Waltrip/Jeff Burton:
    #78 Martin Truex Jr.: Furniture Row,
    #81 Elliot Sadler:
    #83 David Reutimann: Burger King, Dr. Pepper,
    #87 Joe Nemechek:
    #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.: National Guard, Diet Mountain Dew,
    #93 Travis Kvapil: Burger King, Dr. Pepper,
    #95 Michael McDowell: Leavine Family Racing,
    #98 Josh Wise:
    #99 Carl Edwards: Fastenal, UPS, Aflac, Subway,
    Last edited by BlueDuece3177; 01-08-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Spotter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A Lvl 12 Wizard Steam ID: WatsonZ
    It's a little complicated, but I like these ideas.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by watsonz View Post
    It's a little complicated, but I like these ideas.
    I can never find a good way to explain things.. xD I did my best, thanks.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MidLEastSWAG39 Steam ID: MidLEast_Neenja39
    I am loving this

Quit riding around and win some damn races Newman.
    Born Dodge//
    #PenskePride

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Stormtrooper2178 Steam ID: Stormtrooper2178
    I agree with a lot of the ideas that you have. But having the Trucks and Nationwide in only the third NTG game is asking a little too much. I say that Eutechnyx fix the bad things about the game (such as the AI's horrible pit strategy), and then add extra content.

For career, I'd like a 'progressive career' where drivers will retire and be replaced. Say that Mark Martin retires after the 2014 season (in the game), that would mean that the #55 will have a different driver the next season (not being one already included, perhaps a random name?). The new driver won't start winning right off the bat, but he'll gain experience and improve over time. That's one thing I enjoyed about the EA Sports NASCAR games.

Also, Robby Gordon shouldn't be in the game to begin with. He isn't running any races in 2013, and chances are he won't race any events in 2014 either. Same with Travis Pastrana.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper2178 View Post
    I agree with a lot of the ideas that you have. But having the Trucks and Nationwide in only the third NTG game is asking a little too much. I say that Eutechnyx fix the bad things about the game (such as the AI's horrible pit strategy), and then add extra content.

For career, I'd like a 'progressive career' where drivers will retire and be replaced. Say that Mark Martin retires after the 2014 season (in the game), that would mean that the #55 will have a different driver the next season (not being one already included, perhaps a random name?). The new driver won't start winning right off the bat, but he'll gain experience and improve over time. That's one thing I enjoyed about the EA Sports NASCAR games.

Also, Robby Gordon shouldn't be in the game to begin with. He isn't running any races in 2013, and chances are he won't race any events in 2014 either. Same with Travis Pastrana.
    Lol yeah, sorry, that list was based off all the drivers in this game from the Gen 6 DLC. Anyways, I'd like it if, say like what you said, they still only have Cup and Mark Martin retires, they could have a driver model for Brian Vickers to take his ride? They could just put names of NNS guys. I feel like it'd be too hard to replace 43+ drivers, possible several times if the career goes for a long time.

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    Woah there buddy, before we start requesting all these new features we need to have a stable game. You need a foundation before you can start building a house.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tha0ne View Post
    Woah there buddy, before we start requesting all these new features we need to have a stable game. You need a foundation before you can start building a house.
    It's called NTG: 2013.

Honestly, the offline of this game isn't that far off. I've done many full 100% races, and only very slight issues. Career is still a blast.

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

The most important thing the developers need to address is setups. Whenever I look at these ridiculous setups you people use, I cringe. I also find it quite ridiculous that people can make a faster setup by just doing pit road adjustments than hours of working and troubleshooting a setup.

Eutechnyx

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RedWingsRule14 PSN ID: AERL_RCN_24 XFIRE ID: redwingsrule14 Steam ID: redwings_etx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha0ne View Post
    The most important thing the developers need to address is setups. Whenever I look at these ridiculous setups you people use, I cringe. I also find it quite ridiculous that people can make a faster setup by just doing pit road adjustments than hours of working and troubleshooting a setup.
    This has to be the best post I have ever seen from you.

Couldn't agree more. With the glitch tire pressure setups I see, I don't even have to think in order to know that the tires would not last more than 5 laps with 15 PSI in them, at least at tracks like Texas/Vegas.

And then the crazy superspeedway setups. It's crazy.

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsRule View Post
    Thanks, buddy(:

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsRule View Post

Couldn't agree more. With the glitch tire pressure setups I see, I don't even have to think in order to know that the tires would not last more than 5 laps with 15 PSI in them, at least at tracks like Texas/Vegas.

And then the crazy superspeedway setups. It's crazy.
    I agree with both of you, for sure. I hate those high front ride height setups with a burning, flaring passion. I use 7.0 all around and refuse to do anything that would be more unrealistic. I think they need to fix superspeedway setups the most...

HOWEVER. Not everybody is good with setups, so to compensate with a more realistic and difficult car setup system, the default setup we're given should be a little better, at least competitive with a good driver, Top-10/20 car on highest difficulty.
    Last edited by BlueDuece3177; 06-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UncleSammyG

NASCAR The Game: 2014 - Thoughts and Ideas

I'll have to read the whole thing when I'm back on a computer but I saw that your Cup list is 51 drivers. But I have heard that if that go-or-go home system were to be put in, teams wouldn't want to be in the game. What I've heard, might not be true though.

Also, several threads like this have been posted but they have been dead for a long time.

Finally, I think they'll attempt Nationwide this release but not trucks........ yet.
    Had to take an unexpected year off. School, sports, and in and out of the hospital.
    NASCAR '14 is the reason I still have my 360.
    I'm your resident Uncle Sam.
    Clemson Tigers. Miami Heat. Miami Marlins.
    Know your place. P.DANK.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by thesamuelproject View Post
    I'll have to read the whole thing when I'm back on a computer but I saw that your Cup list is 51 drivers. But I have heard that if that go-or-go home system were to be put in, teams wouldn't want to be in the game. What I've heard, might not be true though.

Also, several threads like this have been posted but they have been dead for a long time.

Finally, I think they'll attempt Nationwide this release but not trucks........ yet.
    I fee like they'll either release both or none, it's not complete to have 2/3 National Series... Then again, Dirt to Daytona did it, but with Trucks and Cup because Nationwide is a bit too similar to Cup. Since Cup has the Gen 6 now, I could see it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by thesamuelproject View Post

I fee like they'll either release both or none, it's not complete to have 2/3 National Series... Then again, Dirt to Daytona did it, but with Trucks and Cup because Nationwide is a bit too similar to Cup. Since Cup has the Gen 6 now, I could see it.

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: cdykns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDuece3177 View Post
    Cup Series Drivers:

51 Cars
    Car # | Driver Name | Part/Full Time | Tracks| Championship Points
    1- Jamie McMurray Full All Yes
    2- Brad Keselowski Full All Yes
    5- Kasey Kahne Full All Yes
    6- Travis Pastrana Part All No
    07- Robby Gordon Part All Yes
    7- Dave Blaney Full All Yes
    9- Marcos Ambrose Full All Yes
    10- Danica Patrick Full All Yes
    11- Denny Hamlin Full All Yes
    12- Sam Hornish Jr. Part All No
    13- Casey Mears Full All Yes
    14- Tony Stewart Full All Yes
    15- Clint Bowyer Full All Yes
    16- Greg Biffle Full All Yes
    17- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Full All Yes
    18- Kyle Busch Full All Yes
    19- Mike Bliss Part All No
    Alex Kennedy Part Sonoma Yes
    20- Matt Kenseth Full All Yes
    21- Trevor Bayne Part All No
    22- Joey Logano Full All Yes
    24- Jeff Gordon Full All Yes
    26- Michael Waltrip Part Superspeedways Yes
    27- Paul Menard Full All Yes
    29- Kevin Harvick Full All Yes
    30- David Stremme Full All Yes
    31- Jeff Burton Full All Yes
    32- Terry Labonte Part Random Yes
    Ken Schrader Part Random Yes
    Timmy Hill Part Random Yes
    Boris Said Part Road Courses No
    33- Austin Dillon Part All No
    34- David Ragan Full All Yes
    35- Josh Wise Full All No
    36- J.J. Yeley Full All Yes
    38- David Gilliland Full All Yes
    39- Ryan Newman Full All Yes
    42- Juan Pablo Montoya Full All Yes
    43- Aric Almirola Full All Yes
    44- Scott Riggs Full All Yes
    47- Bobby Labonte Full All Yes
    48- Jimmie Johnson Full All Yes
    51- Regan Smith Part Shared Weekends No
    A.J. Allmendinger Part Rest of races No
    Jacques Villenueve Part Sonoma No
    52- Brian Keselowski Part Daytona 500 Yes
    55- Mark Martin Full All Yes
    56- Martin Truex Jr. Full All Yes
    78- Kurt Busch Full All Yes
    81- Elliot Sadler Part All No
    83- David Reutimann Full All Yes
    87- Joe Nemechek Full All No
    Tomy Drissi Part Sonoma Yes
    88- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Full All Yes
    93- Travis Kvapil Full All Yes
    95- Scott Speed Full All Yes
    98- Michael McDowell Full All Yes
    99- Carl Edwards Full All Yes
    Add Ron Fellows to this list and it's perfect.
    Cup : 9,99,21,2,22,34,88,4,41,78,24,20,1,42, 43,47​,7,36
    Nationwide 6,7,9,16,20,22,42​,99
    NCWTS : 29,54
    Indy - ​2,3,12,​25

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Guy View Post
    Add Ron Fellows to this list and it's perfect.
    I didn't because Fellows is with Circle Sport, not RCR. I'm not adding multiple teams into one number. That's the same as asking me to add Landon Cassill #33, which is Circle Sport.

I like ur ideas however there are some things I could add to that. The AI needs a little more intelligence in this game. Instead of barreling right through when somebody crashes, they should slow down to try to avoid a crash, therefore not having big wrecks all the time on tracks that shouldnt have big wrecks. Pit strategy needs to be fixed and the AI also needs to be more diverse. We should get to race with Jimmie Johnson, Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, and so on instead of AI that look like them if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDuece3177 View Post
    Just a long list of things I'd like to see in the next game in 2014. I know some of this is far-fetched but whatever they can use out of it would be nice. This is mostly offline-based.

Sponsor Layout:

Sponsor offers would be given out just as they are in NTG: Inside Line, but each Primary Sponsor would have three schemes, two normal schemes which you can alternate between plus a NASCAR Unites Scheme that would be run optional at the All-Star Race, Coca Cola 600, and Coke Zero 400 and nowhere else. Increased availability of sponsors such as 20-30 primary sponsors, all available sponsors in Inside Line plus GoDaddy, CocaCola, Pepsi, National Guard, Kobalt Tools, and more. You should be able to have two or three primaries, when you set one scheme the other sponsors would appear as secondary sponsors.

Example: Dale Jr. has AMP, National Guard, and DietDew, he chooses to run each for 12 races a season, with National Guard being the odd one out to run the Shootout and All-Star Race. The other sponsors appear as secondary sponsors while one is the primary sponsor.

In other words, I could have Coca Cola, Kobalt Tools, and GoDaddy, if I choose to run one of the Coca Cola schemes, GoDaddy could appear on the rear and Kobalt Tools on the trunk as Coca Cola is on the hood and upper quarter panels (standard primary sponsor areas).

Career Menu Layout:

You would be in a team garage area like Inside Line, but having all your primary cars of every series in front of you backups at the end of the room. A trophy room would be awesome. Some sort of “History/Record Book” to track everything about your career, what tracks/races you’ve won, how many Top-5’s and 10’s you have, amount of DNF’s, 2nd place finishes, all of that is a must.

Career Series Layout:

You start with a minimum requirement NASCAR Camping World Truck Series truck that needs a lot of upgrades to run well, including Engine, Aero, Exhaust, Transmission, Suspension, and Weight packages. You will gain money from the race purse plus any sponsorship money from completing requirements in races. You will have enough money to get a minimum requirement Nationwide Series car after winning the NCWTS Championship once. Again you will have to upgrade it as you maintain a steady flow of money in the truck while breaking out in the Nationwide car. I should also mention that most, or at least some sponsors should follow you up the ranks. Primary sponsors could be an exception. No sponsors from one series can conflict with any from another series, which will be a safe that will keep your team’s sponsors similar throughout the series anyways. When you win the NNS Championship, you finally get enough money to run a Sprint Cup Series car, but the Sprint Cup Series requires a bunch of money, and if you haven’t saved well, you could be forced into running a part-time schedule.

When you first get any vehicle, they will start off with no sponsorship at all, as a black or white car. Instead of credits, like in Inside Line, actual dollars should be the currency you earn and spend, at a realistic rate with realistic prices for upgrades. That way you know for sure you got what you should’ve by winning the All-Star Race for a million (unlike Inside Line).

After every season, you will be allowed to drop or accept sponsors, change your manufacturer, and if you’ve been successful enough up the Cup Series, could start a second driver with the Truck Series. Now realistically, this would be an actual second driver you name and give their own number to. You should be able to have to three drivers to prevent the clutter of running four teams. There so be a period of time after the awards ceremony in Vegas to the Shootout in Daytona called “Pre-Season” or “Silly Season” where you can manage manufacturer’s, sponsors, driver’s and their schedules.

Example: Let’s say Tony makes a team and hires a second driver named Ryan into the truck series. Let’s also assume Tony likes to drive the Nationwide series but also wants Ryan to have experience. Ryan can run a truck full time, with Tony running Cup full time, and they can either share a Nationwide ride (cheaper) or Tony can have a full-time Nationwide ride as well as Ryan having his own Nationwide ride (costly).

Before each season you can set your vehicles (up to three per series), their numbers and primary sponsor, as well as which drivers run in each vehicle and which races they run.

Example: Tony has two other drivers (the three driver limit), Danica and Ryan. They all like running in the truck series, Ryan and Tony take points in the Cup Series while Danica takes points in the Nationwide Series. Here’s an example of their schedule:

Cup Series:
    Tony #14: Full-time
    Ryan #39: Full-time
    Danica #10: Part-time

Nationwide Series:

Tony #14: Part-time (first half of races)
    Ryan #14: Part-time (second half of races)
    Danica #10: Full-time

Truck Series:

Tony #14: Part-time
    Ryan #14: Part-time
    Danica #14: Part-time

As for exactly which races each driver runs of a part-time schedule that is completely customizable. You can either “play” as your other drivers or let an AI drive for them.

...This whole idea of being able to have multiple drivers would be a big luxury and my hopes are high but expectations are low for this. Just being like NTG: IL but with all three series would be nice.

Race Layout:

Schedules like the 2014 schedule, which are likely going to be similar, if not the same as the current, 2013 schedule. Let's not forget the addition of Road Course qualifying in groups.

Another thing that bugs me is the lack of any order in qualifying, in Dirt to Daytona, you could either be the first one out and have someone beat your lap later or you'd come out in the middle and it seemed random each time. Your pit box also somewhat coordinated with where you qualified. We shouldn't always be the last car out and we shouldn't have the first box no matter what. That way you have to work for the front box and the front box should actually be a benefit while cycling through pit stops.

Race schedules should be more of a calender format like in Dirt to Daytona, that way when Road America qualifying and Sonoma qualifying land on the same day, you have to either pick one to go to and start in the back for the other one, or put one of your other drivers at one of the tracks. I also think the AI drivers should have schedules to choose as well, that way you can't have Dale Jr., the Busch brothers, Keselowski, and more in both Road America and Sonoma races and qualified in both. Race attendance should be realistic is the point I'm trying to get across.

You cannot take points in all three series but your other drivers that you can assume control over can take points in one different series.

...I've worn my brain out of ideas so I'm going to post my 2013 drivers lists.

Season Mode:

The first thing I'm covering not related to career mode, is season mode. You can start a season as a driver, and could either do one series, or, if that driver participates in multiple series, you can do races in other series as well. There should be a decent amount of pace schemes, and one thing I had a huge problem with in this game is that paint schemes do not switch correctly at all. Kurt Busch used the Hendrickcars.com scheme 5+ times and variations of the Phoenix scheme every other time and the one you pick will be used for all but one race... Dale Jr. and Jimmie Johnson and any other driver have these issues also.
    I totally agree.
    I like the idea of a trophy room as you stated.
    They could also have a Hall of Fame induction clip where your driver walks up on stage and Mike Helton says "This is the new class of (whatever year) Hall of Fame Inductees.
    Last edited by nascargen6; 07-01-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Driver of the #12 Doritos Chevy SS

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UncleSammyG
    Finally read over the whole list. Great ideas.
    Glad to have you back on the forums.
    Had to take an unexpected year off. School, sports, and in and out of the hospital.
    NASCAR '14 is the reason I still have my 360.
    I'm your resident Uncle Sam.
    Clemson Tigers. Miami Heat. Miami Marlins.
    Know your place. P.DANK.

Love it , I think the devs should play NASCAR 06 by EA and use that as a foundation. That game was like the best, ever.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NYJETSFANZ14 PSN ID: NYJETSFANZ14
    I like the idea about sponsors in career.

Test Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Michaei Watts
    Again, I don't mind racing in other series. But I buy the game to race at the top level. I've been racing for nearly 20 years and its an insult to have to start over every year and build from scratch. I don't play to beat the game. I play NASCAR because I can't do it in real life. I want to be able to race at the top level from the start. Maybe a 3 day test session with a team can sign a sponsor. Than race for that team in the 3 other series when you schedule permits. But you can only run for a Championship in one Series. So I don't want to Theoretically race for 3 or 4 years before I make it to the bigs. It took a long time in NTGIL to get the car up to level 5's in the first season.
    Looking forward to watching Stewart-Haas vs. Hendrick in 2014

Michael Watts' career:
    http://forums.nascarthegame.com/threads/7133-Michael-Watts-Career

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    Love it , I think the devs should play NASCAR 06 by EA and use that as a foundation. That game was like the best, ever.
    No offense but I've always cringed at this comment. Nascar 05-06-07 were the (worst) NASCAR games ever made other than the gimmicky ones of coarse. Until NASCAR 02-03-04 ea had to deal with the early process. Nascar 05 and the few after were a slap in the face to NASCAR fans. Nascar 08 and 09 were playable and I still use them for fun. Really wish I would have known you could have downloaded Montreal and whatever the other track was. Wish servers were still up for 09. Would love to know if anybody has this stuff still on a hard drive would pay to have the DLCs and patches for 09.

anyways lol I would like NTG14 to be:

-like whatever the PC version is with new content.

-better physics/racing and race weekend customization.

-i want to be able to pick all the a.i's paint schemes or have it like it is and let them use their alternates at tracks they use them at.

-better spotters and even better spotter for SS races.

-on that note,,,,,,, PACKRACING and. I mean NASCAR pack racing.

-customizable positioning in your cockpit (how high or low you are in CPit) option to turn off hands and wheel please.

-a crew chief that can tighten you up or loosen. (Auto-crew chief)

-the option in pause menu to setup pitstop during green laps.

-time change with shadow and track changes.

-improved attention to the wheel and its physics for wheel users.
    Last edited by DavidLee; 07-02-2013 at 03:24 AM.
    always

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast