Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Nascar the game 2014 being developed for the NEXT GEN consoles?

Does anyone have firm information on the development of the 2014 title?
    I'd like to know:
    What is Eutechnyx focused on, in terms of content and structure of the game?
    Is this going to be a NEXT GEN title? or BOTH?
    What differences will there be as compared to the current game?
    Any info would be appreciated.

Prawblems

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L33T Pilot PSN ID: L33TPilot Steam ID: 1337Pilot
    NTG14 is not being made for next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    NTG14 is not being made for next gen.
    Thank you.

Pretty disappointing for me, personally. Come November I'm moving on to the X1 with or without Eutechnyx and if the next game is still current-gen, that tells me it's going to be the same big disaster as the last two titles.

But that's just me.
    Goodyear - BRING SOFTER TIRES.

Quote Originally Posted by iResurrectionz View Post
    Pretty disappointing for me, personally. Come November I'm moving on to the X1 with or without Eutechnyx and if the next game is still current-gen, that tells me it's going to be the same big disaster as the last two titles.

But that's just me.
    they said they have no plans to put the next game out on the next gen consoles because they "feel like the current gen consoles still have some life left in them"

remember not everyone buys the new consoles the moment they come out. Personally, I waited like 4 years to get the PS3, and I just got my 360 last November.

Mr. Nice Guy

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: butlerbMMO PSN ID: butlerbMMO Steam ID: Thorsfew

But that's just me.
    I know I am basically repeating with KK9Fan has already said, but when the next-gen transition is made, the majority of people wait awhile before moving onto the new consoles. In turn, there isn't a whole bunch of money to be made by making a next-gen game. So basically Eutechnyx is making this game on current-gen consoles because the majority of people will wait around a year to make the transition. Therefore, there is more money to be made on current-gen. Its a business decision obviously.

Thats why they are making it for current-gen. Although I do believe that NTG15 will be next-gen (if I remember what Ed Martin said on his interview with Inside Pass correctly).
    Last edited by Mets; 10-02-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    Be sure to read and abide by the FORUM RULES

If you have any questions, problems, etc, please don't hesistate to PM me!
    The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of Eutechnyx and are of a personal nature.

Prawblems

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L33T Pilot PSN ID: L33TPilot Steam ID: 1337Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by newmanfan02 View Post
    Will it be made for pc?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mets View Post
    I know I am basically repeating with KK9Fan has already said, but when the transition is made to next-gen consoles, the money thats being made with next-gen game sales after launch are not that great unlike the current gen games. So basically there is more money to be made when they make it for current gen. Thats why they are making the 2014 game for current-gen consoles.
    I understand that, but in this case, why not make it cross-generation?

Build a solid foundation for the future by developing the game primarily for next-gen, then scale it back for current-gen.
    Goodyear - BRING SOFTER TIRES.

Mr. Nice Guy

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: butlerbMMO PSN ID: butlerbMMO Steam ID: Thorsfew

Build a solid foundation for the future by developing the game primarily for next-gen, then scale it back for current-gen.
    You bring up a good point, however I believe (and this is just my opinion) its to do with business or the unfamiliarity of the next-gen consoles. I could be wrong about the unfamiliarity aspect.
    Be sure to read and abide by the FORUM RULES

If you have any questions, problems, etc, please don't hesistate to PM me!
    The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of Eutechnyx and are of a personal nature.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Grazuole
    You realize the pricing on the PS4/XBox1 is so ridiculous, hardly anyone will have them when they come out. I'll be waiting a year or better for my PS4, for sure.

Whatever happened to Eutechnyx's statement about NOT doing a yearly release? I'm just curious because yearly titles have a reputation of being watered down into rehashed versions of the previous year with little to no major improvements. As far as I'M concerned, they are still way off from having a complete game that is on a level of modern sports titles, or even Nascar Thunder 2004.

Paint Booth Hall of Fame
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Duhhub
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDuece3177 View Post
    You realize the pricing on the PS4/XBox1 is so ridiculous, hardly anyone will have them when they come out. I'll be waiting a year or better for my PS4, for sure.
    Same here. Because of that, I'm glad that NTG:14 is current-console.

Nerd Herd

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: J4A Rebel

remember games will not be backwards compatible for the PS4/Xbox1, but both have said the possibility is there that you could download previous gen games. If that is the case, I would think some of the newer games could be the first to transfer over.

Quote Originally Posted by 73duster View Post
    Whatever happened to Eutechnyx's statement about NOT doing a yearly release? I'm just curious because yearly titles have a reputation of being watered down into rehashed versions of the previous year with little to no major improvements. As far as I'M concerned, they are still way off from having a complete game that is on a level of modern sports titles, or even Nascar Thunder 2004.
    It really isn't a yearly release NTG 13 is IL for PC, and NTG 14 will be released close to 18 months of IL's release date.

Want to avoid infractions? Follow the Forum Rules

But that's just me.
    I have to agree with whats already been said about the subject, but one thing that I look at differently than all of you, is if Eutechnyx can't get it right on the current gen systems, do you really think they're gonna make a blockbuster on the next gen systems? Systems that they have ZERO experience working with? It would probably make the current game look pretty damn good. They'd have a gom of a game with better graphics! Talk about a polished turd, you'd really have one if they attempted the next gen systems. But same as you, that's just my opinion. Allot of people probably have a different view than me, and that's ok, like I said, this is my view.

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dogryan100 Steam ID: 76561198042856516
    Quote Originally Posted by john88-29fan View Post
    I have to agree with whats already been said about the subject, but one thing that I look at differently than all of you, is if Eutechnyx can't get it right on the current gen systems, do you really think they're gonna make a blockbuster on the next gen systems? Systems that they have ZERO experience working with?
    Technically, nobody has/had any experience working with the next-gen consoles...

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadBloatedDog
    Quote Originally Posted by dogryan100 View Post
    Technically, nobody has/had any experience working with the next-gen consoles...

http://www.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-one-games

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/games/

Seems to me that "technically" somebody HAS had experience working with "next gen" consoles, unless it's Eutechnyx that you're referring to.....

So is there ANY other information about what is in the next game? Any changes or additions?

Champion Driver
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: LunarVelocity Steam ID: LunarVelocity
    Actually, if you take into account all of the consoles with prices adjusted for inflation, it actually is about middle of the road for console prices.

Fan
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Any chance that NTG14 will be offered via the Gaikai cloud service on PS4? Seems like a viable option to me.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Grazuole
    I think a better question to answer is: Will PS3/XB360 games work on PS4/XB1? Then it really wouldn't matter which console its made for for those of you who are getting the new one.

I just read where the are working on that from a cloud based format. Neither platforms will have it at lauch though.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadBloatedDog
    I think a better question to answer is: Will PS3/XB360 games work on PS4/XB1? Then it really wouldn't matter which console its made for for those of you who are getting the new one.
    Microsoft and Sony both have already answered this question probably over a million times by now in every little interview that they've done over the past year. The answer is a very huge NO!!!!!!!! The 360 and PS 3 discs will not be backwards compatible with the Xbox One and the PS 4. Later on down the road, a number of the more popular games might be made available for download on XBL and PSN, but lets face the facts, NASCAR games for the most part aren't all that popular to the general public outside of NASCAR fans so it's extremely doubtful that they'll ever be made available.

Driver
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nascarfan49 PSN ID: nascarfan49
    I guess you could say that I am ok with NTG14 being released on current Gen, I am not buying a PS4 tell either GT7 or NTG next Gen is is released, or unless another game sparks my interest enough . As of right now, I am not in a hurry to get one.

Spotter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hammer81tn PSN ID: hammer81tn Steam ID: hammer26tn
    The way I see it, why would they bother with a next gen game right now anyway? They still have to get the current gen game to a satisfactory level first. IL was an improvement (depending on who you ask) over NTG11. I played quite a bit of both, and had more fun on IL. I liked the challenges on IL at first, but quickly became frustrated with them. On most of them, since it's mostly telemetry data, you had to overdrive the cars into the corners and hope you cleared the AI or you got ran over, spun, or slammed into the wall. I like the telemetry idea, so you get a sense on just how hard the actual drivers are racing, but I don't think that the concept has been fully realized. Couldn't they make it so that the AI could be movable so you don't have to race like a jackass to beat the challenges? Isn't that the theme of the current game, to relive or rewrite history? You can't do that on some of the challenges. I don't think anybody wants to pay more money for a game that they're just going to throw the same stones at on the one(s) we already have on current gen, unless they don't have a fully developed brain, or an endless supply of money, or both.
    Last edited by hammer81tn; 10-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast